2004 toyota supra

#1 SUPRA FAN
01-09-2004, 10:58 AM
actually i hvae the 2004 supra it runs great and no you cannot buy them in the U.S. i had to pre order mine from tokyo, japan, where they custom make for you ...yes they can put (none, single, or twin turbo)..but no supercharged..the guy i talked to said if people buy enough twins, then thats when he might think of makeing supercharged.. but OMG this car is nice ...oh and its not $30,000...the specs differ the price around alot..so it could be anywheres from $30,000-$70,000 or $80,000....its a lot of money but believe me ..its worth it..my 0-60 is 4.1 flat!! its a very nice car and i recommend it to anyone who wants to have a good time in there car while going insainly fast..very nice ride also....ive topped out and about 187mph with mine...but anyway theres the a v6 in it

projectsupramk3
01-09-2004, 05:07 PM
BWWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!1. Get out of here and stop encouraging people like that. Very funny none the less though. :lol:

Big Yellow Monkey
01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Haha yeah ok whatever. Have fun with your little fantasy. And I'll stick to my fantasy of owning a 93.5 or 94 supra TT.

-Biggie!

Big Yellow Monkey
01-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Here's a little tip - check out the Toyota Japan site and see if the 2004 supra even exists, then try to make shit up. All that they have for sale on there for sports cars is the Celica, the "MR-S" (next-gen MR-2 Spyder I believe), and the Soarer (kinda looks like a lexus SC400, pretty cool design).

Nice try though. Better luck next time ;)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyota.co.jp%2FShowroom%2Fcar lineup%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en

-Biggie!

camrytuner
01-15-2004, 01:43 AM
SC400/Toyota Soarer - Same Car
MR-S/MR2 Spyder - Same Car

shortexistance
03-23-2004, 09:59 PM
You are a discrace to anyone who actually owns a supra!!! and u r from cali not japan so stop being stupid little kid!!!!! :screwy:

turcelbo
04-20-2004, 11:56 PM
2004 supras don't exist!! I own a 95 special edition rz-s twin turbo and thats the last supra i ever heard of and that 187 mph is pretty sad when i've reached that speed on a 1/4 mile stretch. Lil kiddies with wild imaginations should step up and deal with the real big boys with fast toys!!

911S_TARGA_RSR
04-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Actually they made the Supra up to 1997, I believe.

flyinMKIV
04-22-2004, 03:27 PM
hey jackasses, 1 you can't buy a 2004 supra yet, and for the rest of you, you can buy a 2003 supra in Japan, they still made them till 03

911S_TARGA_RSR
04-22-2004, 06:24 PM
they still make them;that is pretty cool I guess. I thought they stopped in 1997. What kind of specs do they have flyinMKIV? I am interested.

suprachica779
04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
they stopped making them in 1997, 1998 supra's are jsut left-overs from the 1997 model, thats why if you notice those subtle differences from 1996 to 1997, those differences were also in the 1998's, and thats b/c they were the supra's that weren't bought in 97

flyinMKIV
04-23-2004, 10:29 AM
No, they actually made the Supra until 03 in Japan. I've seen them with my own eyes. They are not made with the stock parts that we get when we purchased them in the states, they come with a few HKS updrades such as the mega flow intake. The differences in the headlights tailights, turnsignals, and gauges cluster was made for the 97 15th Anniversary Supra and was stuck with till 03

suprachica779
04-23-2004, 11:09 AM
i meant in the usa lol

swa_
05-03-2004, 02:07 AM
the latest supra was made in 98
since then any incarnations have only been aesthetically different (that means different on the outside, new headlights or tachos etc.)

the latest i've heard of was 2000 when they gave out comemorative 'Supra' watches for owners. I think this was to celebrate the anniversy like the guy before me said.. I'm pretty sure they stopped production and didnt make more in 03.
Why would they?

Japanese Motoring companies were also having trouble getting supras let alone 2k3 model. But anyway, my opinion is that the anniversary thingo was in 2000 and not 2003. I'm sure that's what I heard and it makes sense because Toyota were planning on releasing the mk V in 2003 but it looks now that we won't see it until 2006 EARLIEST
i hope that it changes from the concept pics into a sexier mkiv
mkiv supra is the sexiest car in the universe =]

flyinMKIV
05-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they are going to release the MKV supra in 05. The RX-7 is coming back, the skyline will be available over here as well, toyota to my knowledge is probably going to come back just to keep the competition at bay.

P.S. the anniversary was in 1997 to comemorate the 15th anniversary of the supra, I don't think that anything was done in 2000 to my knowledge.

Hale
05-28-2004, 05:35 AM
i dont think mazda will release an rx7 with the rx8 out here...no sense in having 2 rotary cars..espically since they wont even turbocharge the rx8

i have heard the skyline is going to be coming to the US...haven't heard when.

And nobody is quite sure why the 97 supra was 15th anniversary supra...supras were celicas before and during that...and it wasnt until 86 that they broke away from the celica...toyota was just on crack.

mason_RsX
05-28-2004, 06:50 AM
I have heard that they are planing to coming out with a new Rx 7 because the Rx 8 just doesn't compare. I know for sure that a Skyline is coming to the USA (but not Canada yet). I heard the skyline did not pass US emissions with its twin turbo when at idle. Their correcting this in the states by rerouting the exhaust past the turbo when idling. I heard some talk that the supra is coming back because Toyota does not have a real sports car (im sorry to all you Celica lovers but it is a "me too" sports car) but I don't believe this is anyway final and I personally think its just garbage rumor.

addicted 2 b00st
05-28-2004, 01:59 PM
toyota will be making a new "sports car" it will be more of an exotic. it will have a mid engine v6 and a hybrid engine in the front. 400hp, 2900lbs, 40mpg. these are the specs that toyota is shooting for but from now till the time they finally release it who knows what changes will be made.

projectsupramk3
05-28-2004, 04:16 PM
USDM Skyline = Infinity G35 = 350GT coupe
The Supra most definetly has been out that long, the anniversary edition was built on that date for a reason, the Celica Supra is a MKI. Celica's were celica's, the Celica Supra was another beast.

addicted 2 b00st
06-02-2004, 10:11 PM
celica supras were a celica with a 2.8l I6 and rwd. celica had a 4 cyl (dont know size) and fwd.

lilslim
06-05-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm sure they made Supras in Japan untill 2000. They stopped maken RX7s in Japan back in 2002.

addicted 2 b00st
06-06-2004, 06:35 PM
thats japan, this is usa. it stopped in 98 for the supra and 95 for the rx7.

Tech-Ronin
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
1998 was the last production year for Supras and I challenge anyone to show me proof otherwise and don't post a picture of the AB Flug Conversion http://www.supercars.net/garages/carlitos/78v2.html

Steeda don't make Mustangs and AB Flug don't make Supras

TanyasMkIISupra
06-18-2004, 09:52 AM
the "15th anniversary Supra" lmfao what a JOKE, what did Toyota forget about a few years?? LOL
Supra made for the US from 1979-1998...15 years? uh, no in 1997 it was 18 years believe it or not. And in Japan Supra started in 1978

and yes CELICA SUPRA IS A SUPRA whether you want to think so or not. Just because "Supra" separated from the Celica chassis and name in 1986.5 doesn't make the 1st and 2nd gens any less of a Supra. You can even still see Celica characteristis in the 4th gen Sup. (the bodystyle,rear)
Celica has always been 4 banger, Supra has always been I-6...get over it

If The F-body was brought back with a car called the "Trans Am", does that mean all the other Firebird Trans Ams were not Trans Ams?

smartguy54321
06-19-2004, 04:45 PM
If your supra really gets 187 in the quarter mile then i'd like to know what kind of mods you have on that thing. I've heard 120-140, but 180?? That's a little on the fast side for a car running gasoline, even with nitrous, unless it's specifically mod-ed for drag racing. Just wondering how you do it, if you really do.

smartguy54321
06-19-2004, 04:49 PM
That was directed at turcelbo, by the way.

ArchangelGTR
06-23-2004, 08:57 AM
No, they actually made the Supra until 03 in Japan. I've seen them with my own eyes. They are not made with the stock parts that we get when we purchased them in the states, they come with a few HKS updrades such as the mega flow intake. The differences in the headlights tailights, turnsignals, and gauges cluster was made for the 97 15th Anniversary Supra and was stuck with till 03

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA :screwy:

That is too funny. "They are not made with stock parts... come with a few HKS upgrades..." :chair:

The last Supra released in the US is 98. In fact technically the Supra Turbo was released 93.5-95, 97-98. You will not find an official 96 Supra Turbo due to a reworking of the ECU to OBD2 specs.

The Supra Turbo was stilled produced in Japan from the factory for several years after that with a VVTi motor in the latter years.

And the 15th year anniversary edition has to be an internal joke at Toyota Headquarters.

projectsupramk3
06-23-2004, 05:03 PM
What is with some people and not understanding the anniversery year, it's very simple, 1997 - 15 = 1982. Now with the exact year in mind lets go back and see what SUPRA was made... MKII, which is not a CelicaSupra like the MKI, it's all Supra. Toyota really must have been smoking something to get that math. :rolleyes: It would have been nice to include the MKI but if you think about it, that was a slightly-faster-than-ordinary family car, which perfectly describes the Celica lineup, not the Supra. :biggrin:

ArchangelGTR
06-25-2004, 06:37 PM
What is with some people and not understanding the anniversery year, it's very simple, 1997 - 15 = 1982. Now with the exact year in mind lets go back and see what SUPRA was made... MKII, which is not a CelicaSupra like the MKI, it's all Supra. Toyota really must have been smoking something to get that math. :rolleyes: It would have been nice to include the MKI but if you think about it, that was a slightly-faster-than-ordinary family car, which perfectly describes the Celica lineup, not the Supra. :biggrin:

What is it with you not understanding that 15th Anniversary does not include the mk1 Celica Supra which you yourself acknowledge as in existence by calling the 82-85 Celica Supra a mk2 meaning the 2nd mark ie 2nd generation. :sly:

The mk1 is a Supra. It had a straight 6 like all the other Supras. A longer snout like every other Supra. Uprated interior package like all the other Supras. What makes it not deserving of the Supra title in your book. Toyota called it a Celica Supra If you really think about it the mk2 is not much of a performer either compared to todays cars and it certainly shared a lot of parts with its Celica GT-S sister... then again neither is the mk3 stock for stock relative to todays cars. Hell 4-door conservative sedans are pushing over 220 HP these days.

So I just eliminated three generations of Supras as not being capable of carrying the Supra name. :banghead: Shall I go further... or will you finally acknowledge the mk1 Celica Supra is a Supra and well deserving of it. :iceslolan

Happy tuning.

projectsupramk3
06-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Right.... you sure convinced me because Toyota has a multi-million dollar budget for its HUGE staff but somehow nobody noticed that they didn't even get the correct anniversery for the Supra. I know lots of domestic's that have I6's and long hoods, that doesn't make them Supras, purely a styling feature. Think of it this way, it's celibrating the true split of the Celica and Supra line-up. Obviously there's no convincing you though so I'm not going to waste time typing anymore. :)

TanyasMkIISupra
07-12-2004, 03:19 PM
learn your history man, it's as simple as knowing the Supra name was completely separated from the Celica name in ***1986.5.*** So Toyota would have to knock off two generations to get to the conclusion you're getting it. It makes no sense either way
(p.s. my 1985 CELICA SUPRA even says so on the title as well as b-pillar and nose badge.)
PLEASE LEARN BEFORE YOU TYPE

tireburner86
08-13-2004, 01:17 PM
2002 was the last year they made the supra in japan. 1998 was the last year they sold it in the u.s. i really dont feel like proving it, go look it up for yourselves. get your facts straight before you start even mentioning the non existant mkv.

supraslug007
09-05-2004, 08:22 AM
...I'm pretty sure they stopped production and didnt make more in 03.
Why would they? ...

they didn't sell very well... they were great cars, but the price tag was too high. They could probably beat any car over here, but the price didn't compete with cheaply made american sports cars (yeah, right, sports cars...) I think I can offer one explain to the dissapearance of all the other "sports" cars too, like the camaro and firebird... Think about it.. not many 30+ year old people are interested in having a pavement peeler, they want fuel economy and ridiculous amounts of head room. The real market is people 16-30, but they can't afford these nice cars, like the supra, on a early-career salary w/new houses, maybe college bills, it just doesn't work out. This is why cars like the Celica (which I like) and the whole Honda line (which I'm not sure about) are so popular. The bottom line is the bottom line.. the price

SUPRA_MKIV
09-05-2004, 06:04 PM
2002 was the last year they made the supra in japan. 1998 was the last year they sold it in the u.s. i really dont feel like proving it, go look it up for yourselves. get your facts straight before you start even mentioning the non existant mkv.
they stopped making supras in the US in 97....sold them until 98 and stopped.....y i do not know.....fricken japaneese got them till 2002 and sold out in 2003......just like the RX7....in the US it has stopped...but in japan they r still going..

shortexistance
09-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Who cares if the car costs a lot. The car is a god on the road. Talk about resale value too (good luck finding a 95 tt Supra for under $35,000). Yes, aftermarket parts are kinda on the expensive, but with a decent budget you can easily get to 700hp without nos. I cant think of any other car under $50,000 that can make that claim? One reason that the Supra expensive is that it had a revolutionary (for the time) supension that helped control body movement of the car. The H2 is a bad example of the rebirth of a car, don't even get me started on the GTO (did anyone say Grand AM)which used to be a better looking car made by an Austrailian company, but the cost anywhere from $85,000-$125,000. Now they are somewhere arround $50,000. Toyota could do a less drastic price drop and not sacrifice anything on the car because the "pavement peelers" would gobble it up. Fuel Economy is chevy's thing. they no longer have a rear wheel drive V-8 sports car other than the Vette.

supraslug007
09-06-2004, 09:09 AM
You've got a good point.... I hadn't considered resale.... I suppose if you had the money to get a project like this, you could fix it up, drive it awhile, and sell it for enough to make a profit. I guess people didn't think that way though because the Supra isn't produced anymore. I'm kinda glad it's not. It makes the others seem more rare, and the designs for a new one are kinda...wrong... I agree with you on the GTO, It looks like a mix of a grand am and mitsubishi lancer; they should have made it really long & wide, like a Real GTO. GM seems to just be messing up everywhere. With todays car market, both American & Japanese, the best advice seems to be -buy used-

7M > V8
09-13-2004, 02:15 PM
2004 supras don't exist!! I own a 95 special edition rz-s twin turbo and thats the last supra i ever heard of and that 187 mph is pretty sad when i've reached that speed on a 1/4 mile stretch. Lil kiddies with wild imaginations should step up and deal with the real big boys with fast toys!!

Your a douche bag too. I wish i could find the horsepower/tracktime calculator... I think if you go 187 in 1/4 you must be running some low 8's wiegh 2700lbs and have like 1000+hp or some shit, which means your car is faster than that black undefeated hyabusa killing supra that came out on the cover of that one import mag.

If you plan to try to back up your wild ass statement at least name your rear wheel/tire combo, turbo(s) size, psi, and maybe intake manifold design. And then I want a picture under the hood of your car and you mooning me in the background.

Untill then your just as big a douche bag as the creator of this stupid ass thread, that just wasted more time than it's worth.

Dilbert12_4
09-13-2004, 02:28 PM
I vote for a 500 HP Scion xB. A BOX of power. Lower it, shave the door handles, put a lightning antenna on it, and put a blower sticking through the hood. I think the transaxle would hold up.

Due to the compression ratio of 10.2:1, you'd need to run 93 octane. The cam has 108 degree lobe centers, use a 3-angle valve job, ported/polished heads, a dual-plenum intake, screw in studs, guide plates, roller rockers with a 1.6 ratio on intakes to get 'em breathing, then couple it to a Tremec 5-speed trannie, a Hurst diaphram disk, and a Ford 9" customized Detroit Locker 5.33 spool gear out the rear. Make sure to put some nitrous in the trunk, but be sure to ground the subwoofer back there so you don't literally blow the rear door off during a 8.31 pass at the dragstrip.

I will be finishing this mod and trying to have Toyota sell it as an '06 car starting in October '05. I'm hoping they will warranty the complete package, but I'm worried about the nitrous.

I have a deal with Lloyds of London for insurance for all of you fans. Just tell them the Scion God sent you.

Kellen

mreturbo
09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
u guys are hella stupid there is a 2004 supra they just have it as a prototype they also had that 2003 supra both look nothin like the original 1990-1998 supras and yes the 2003 supra was only released in Japan........the 2004 supra looks clean the prototype has a V-10 not bullshitting it costs way too much tho i work for Toyota so i know im not bullshitting it.....they try to compare it to the 360 ferrarri and the NSX so ill post the specifications later when i find everything

Add your comment to this topic!