Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tacoma Supercharger?

artilla
01-07-2004, 02:54 PM
I just bought a new dbl. cab 4x4 Tacoma and I wanted to know if anyone has bought the Supercharger for it. If so, can you tell me if it actually pushes the horse power from 190 to 260, and if there are any problems with it. Supposedly, it is dealer installed so it will not void the warranty, but nevertheless, I would still like to know if it is worth it.
thank you for any input.

Areku_x
01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
The TRD supercharger is quite simply the best way to boost your Toyota's performance without compromising the factory warranty, Max gain of 75 horsepower Maximum torque gain of 77 lb-ft and your V6 engine outfitted with a supercharger produced as much torque (225 lb.-ft.) at 1800 RPM as the same V6 engine without a supercharger produces at its peak. It won't create excessive heat like a turbocharger and acceleration is improved even at lower RPM, and no lag like some turbochargers. Plus you can get TRD 7th Injector Kit for S/C tacomas, and gain another 45hp by creating an intercooling effect to help your Tacoma?s engine run more efficiently. So you can gain over 110+hp, for $3,000 plus installation.

artilla
01-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Thank you, Areku x, I appreciate the info. That will sure help with my decision.

'03DC3.4TRD4X4
01-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Of course those numbers will vary depending on the application, and they are inflated a bit. for real world numbers, I would try to tune the motor on a dyno. But you should get at least a true 50 hp gain at the rear wheels. At this at off idle will feel like 100! I have heard of guys running around with the setup described above smoking F-150 lightnings!

erchapma2003
01-16-2004, 06:34 PM
I placed a stupidcharger on my 2000 Tacoma at 25k.
I am now at 84k and have fried my catalytics. Toyota wanted
$4k to fix. They said the excessive heat from stupidcharger crystalized my whole exhaust. So I beg to differ that it does not run hotter. I mean you are blowing more air down the pipes right? So if I were to buy another Tacoma I would not put one on. Toyotas are supposed to run for hundreds of thousands of miles !!!!
Just my thoughts.....

Areku_x
01-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Thats why before getting a supercharger, change ur whole exhaust from the tip to the headers, that includes the muffler, and some new ceramic headers from TRD or Downey, and K&N intake, than supercharge it. That way u can let your engine breathe better and cooler.

Add your comment to this topic!