Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

srt-4 vs. jetta

lickyme_pp
01-07-2004, 06:30 AM
well, i asked your opinions and no one replied. i guess it is true what they say about jettas, they are shit. the new ones have all kinds of problems with them and aren't really all that fast. i'm going to go for the srt-4 so whenever i pull up to a jetta (or most any other car for that matter) i will speed away from them happily knowing that i paid only 20k for mine and can whoop ass even with a bone stock car. later.

1fastvw
01-07-2004, 02:56 PM
I never saw your post about opinions. As for Jettas being a piece of shit, I love mine. I haven't had any problems with mine. SRT-4's are fast stock, but that doesn't make them any better. The ride quality in a jetta is much better, not to mention the interior quality and the options you get with it. The srt-4 does have some really nice seats, but you still have to manually roll up the back windows. To each his own, but I wish you would roll up to me in a stock one, because I would straight spank that ass. :smokin: Don't let the 1.8ts fool you. Slight modifcations and it can turn into a beast. :2cents:

tylerrules84
01-11-2004, 12:43 PM
well, i asked your opinions and no one replied. i guess it is true what they say about jettas, they are shit. the new ones have all kinds of problems with them and aren't really all that fast. i'm going to go for the srt-4 so whenever i pull up to a jetta (or most any other car for that matter) i will speed away from them happily knowing that i paid only 20k for mine and can whoop ass even with a bone stock car. later.

Go for it big guy. An SRT-4 may be fast, but its still... a Neon. Still an american engineered bucket of crap. And I hope you wreck it into a pole, so there will be one less POS in my way on the road.

Have a wonderful day.

ehsrifledude
01-11-2004, 03:54 PM
An American engineered bucket of crap??? Hmmm... All I hear about Jettas and most volkswagens is crap. In fact, reliability on an SRT-4 is a helluva lot more than a jetta. Between the two, I'd get the SRT-4.... But that's my opinion.

lickyme_pp
01-11-2004, 04:22 PM
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0310scc_projneon/
haha! will you be telling your friends that a neon can whoop your jetta's ass any day of the week? i don't think so. you'll make sure that they know it's an srt-4. don't get me wrong, i love how the jettas look. they're just too damn slow!

MioCLK
01-11-2004, 05:33 PM
well, aren't Jettas Amigo-made tacos?

tylerrules84
01-11-2004, 10:47 PM
booyah! i see you brought your little buddies to stick up for the pos Neon.
I wouldn't tell my friends an SRT-4 could whoop my Jetta's ass, because I don't have a Jetta. My point is not defending the Jetta, its simply to say that the SRT-4 is still a piece of crap.

If you want to say "hey it's cheap and fast" whoopty doo, i could get $7000 and build a 220hp 2400lb GTI without a turbo... even more power if i went with a turbo.

As for my saying that American cars are crap, I stand by that. Americans couldn't engineer their way out of a wet paper sack.

Neutrino
01-12-2004, 04:46 AM
Go for it big guy. An SRT-4 may be fast, but its still... a Neon. Still an american engineered bucket of crap. And I hope you wreck it into a pole, so there will be one less POS in my way on the road.

Have a wonderful day.

the wreck joke was not funny or apropiate

As for my saying that American cars are crap, I stand by that. Americans couldn't engineer their way out of a wet paper sack.

really that is funny...you do realise though that by posting this you just used an american enginnered CPU right?

MioCLK
01-12-2004, 05:25 AM
booyah! i see you brought your little buddies to stick up for the pos Neon.
I wouldn't tell my friends an SRT-4 could whoop my Jetta's ass, because I don't have a Jetta. My point is not defending the Jetta, its simply to say that the SRT-4 is still a piece of crap.

If you want to say "hey it's cheap and fast" whoopty doo, i could get $7000 and build a 220hp 2400lb GTI without a turbo... even more power if i went with a turbo.

Then would you mind telling us which car you drive?

Besides cheap and fast, the SRT-4 is also backed up by full factory warranty and being street legal, which the owner wouldn't have to worry about getting pulled over for stupud fixing ticket.

Oh, last thing, mind telling us your age?

crayzayjay
01-12-2004, 06:08 AM
Any juvenile crap and this thread is closed

tylerrules84
01-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Well I could tell you what I drive and how old I am... but what difference would it make? What difference especially does my age make? If you want to find some kind of background why not do a little search and find my other posts.

I could post solid, hard and fast evidence as to why the SRT-4 (read:Neon) is a piece of crap... but why? You'll say I'm full of it, and post meaningless drivel as to why I'm wrong, to which I will respond with more hard and fast evidence, and so on and so forth. You see, by posting pointless crap from the start, I eliminate the middleman. Which is where the thread was headed to start with (see the original post by "lickyme_pp" [and you want to know how old I am?])

Now, if anyone actually wants to know the facts, just say so and I'll be happy to make a meaningful post, otherwise I'll continue to just insult any person or post that tickles my fancy.

crayzayjay
01-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I could post solid, hard and fast evidence as to why the SRT-4 (read:Neon) is a piece of crap... but why? You'll say I'm full of it, and post meaningless drivel as to why I'm wrong, to which I will respond with more hard and fast evidence, and so on and so forth. You see, by posting pointless crap from the start, I eliminate the middleman. Which is where the thread was headed to start with (see the original post by "lickyme_pp" [and you want to know how old I am?])

If you find it pointless to make meaningful posts, your stay on AF will itself be pointless and consequently short-lived. Entirely up to you. If you can back up your arguments, welcome aboard.

Now, if anyone actually wants to know the facts, just say so and I'll be happy to make a meaningful post, otherwise I'll continue to just insult any person or post that tickles my fancy.
Do it once and you're banned

Polygon
01-12-2004, 12:15 PM
tylerrules84:

Sorry to see that you're another biased, misled, fool. I think the reason you won't post any proof that the SRT-4 is crap is simply because you don't have any. I, however, have some to prove that it isn't. Head over to Sport Compact Car's website. They did a tour of the plant where the SRT-4 engine is built and they were VERY impressed with the build quality. You people that keep saying it is a just a Neon, you're fools, whatever helps you sleep at night. There is nothing wrong with the older Neons, they are economy cars, but they are reliable and can be made to go pretty damn quick. However; the SRT-4 shares only a little sheet metal and some interior bits with the Neon. Everything else is different. The SRT-4 is no more a Neon than the Evo is a Lancer. As for American engineering, once again, whatever helps you sleep at night. The computer you're using is mostly American engineered and built parts. Another great example is Garrett. They make the BEST turbos in the world.

Pull your head out of your butt and stop posting misinformation.

As for the original thread, I would take the SRT-4 over any Jetta. The Jetta just isn't that fast stock. They are good reliable cars, but they just aren't that quick.

tylerrules84
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
tylerrules84:

Sorry to see that you're another biased, misled, fool. I think the reason you won't post any proof that the SRT-4 is crap is simply because you don't have any. I, however, have some to prove that it isn't. Head over to Sport Compact Car's website. They did a tour of the plant where the SRT-4 engine is built and they were VERY impressed with the build quality. You people that keep saying it is a just a Neon, you're fools, whatever helps you sleep at night. There is nothing wrong with the older Neons, they are economy cars, but they are reliable and can be made to go pretty damn quick. However; the SRT-4 shares only a little sheet metal and some interior bits with the Neon. Everything else is different. The SRT-4 is no more a Neon than the Evo is a Lancer. As for American engineering, once again, whatever helps you sleep at night. The computer you're using is mostly American engineered and built parts. Another great example is Garrett. They make the BEST turbos in the world.

Pull your head out of your butt and stop posting misinformation.

As for the original thread, I would take the SRT-4 over any Jetta. The Jetta just isn't that fast stock. They are good reliable cars, but they just aren't that quick.

Yeah actually I read that article in Sport Compact Car, it did look pretty good. To be honest, I was only being a jerk because of the original post. That guy was a prick, almost as much of one as me.
The SRT-4's are the same as many American sporty cars, cheap horsepower. The overall build quality (from many reports I read... if you really wanna see, i can get links but geez) simply isn't up to par. But they're good if you just want cheap power. Kinda like a go-cart hahah.
Jetta's are not that fast stock (at least not yet, wait for the Jetta version of the R32), and are not that great of cars in my opinion. However, all of these "problems" with them are not all to be believed. Many of the problems have had roots in rather stupid drivers and dealers. At least that is the case with many of the ones that I have come across.
As for the american engineering, i mean specifically automotive industry. DSM in particular is widely known for making faulty cheap products. While they have been making strides forward in recent years, I'd still be highly wary of their products.

Oh and by the way, Polygon called me a fool. You should really ban him for insulting me.

Neutrino
01-12-2004, 02:30 PM
The SRT-4's are the same as many American sporty cars, cheap horsepower. The overall build quality (from many reports I read... if you really wanna see, i can get links but geez) simply isn't up to par.

Your point would come much better across if you would would actually post this evidence.

Polygon
01-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah actually I read that article in Sport Compact Car, it did look pretty good. To be honest, I was only being a jerk because of the original post. That guy was a prick, almost as much of one as me.
The SRT-4's are the same as many American sporty cars, cheap horsepower. The overall build quality (from many reports I read... if you really wanna see, i can get links but geez) simply isn't up to par. But they're good if you just want cheap power. Kinda like a go-cart hahah.
Jetta's are not that fast stock (at least not yet, wait for the Jetta version of the R32), and are not that great of cars in my opinion. However, all of these "problems" with them are not all to be believed. Many of the problems have had roots in rather stupid drivers and dealers. At least that is the case with many of the ones that I have come across.
As for the american engineering, i mean specifically automotive industry. DSM in particular is widely known for making faulty cheap products. While they have been making strides forward in recent years, I'd still be highly wary of their products.

Oh and by the way, Polygon called me a fool. You should really ban him for insulting me.

While I will agree that the thread starter is guilty of the same thing you are I will not agree with you about American engineering to be poor or that Chrysler's products are unreliable. My experience with Chrysler products would prove otherwise. I also thought you were talking about American engineering in general when you said, "Americans couldn't engineer their way out of a wet paper sack." to me that is pretty general and not a statement centered on the auto industry. No matter, it is still a load of bull crap. I would love to see your proof as to any of these claims.

Also, crayzayjay, was threatening to ban you for flaming. I did not flame you.

tylerrules84
01-12-2004, 04:00 PM
ooh you sure told me.

and my experience with VW would say they're 100% reliable. and random joe's experience with yugo says their 100% reliable.
One individual's experience means nothing.

Neutrino
01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
ooh you sure told me.

and my experience with VW would say they're 100% reliable. and random joe's experience with yugo says their 100% reliable.

so are we gonna see all that proof that the srt4 is a pos? you calimed you can post a bunch of links....I'm really curious to see them

BigJustinZ28
01-12-2004, 04:23 PM
I got piece of poorly engineered american muscle for ya buddy , pull whatever your driving up next to my 97z28 and Ill show you american engineering . This is of course after I rebuild my poor 10bolt rearend which suffered the wrath of lt4 w/ hotcam conversion :). Ok I think I lost some validity here.

flylwsi
01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
ooh you sure told me.
are you banned yet?
you're wasting a bit of bandwidth with your BS posts...
and lack of ability to prove the point you were trying to make...

can we see that?

Polygon
01-12-2004, 05:23 PM
ooh you sure told me.

Give me a break and stop acting like a child. :disappoin

I never said VW wasn't reliable, I said the exact opposite. Anyhow, one individuals experience does matter. When you buy a product and you never have problems with said product then I would say that is good measure to call it reliable. However, I suppose it doesn't mean jack to the next person unless they trust you.

Ssom
01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Yes, a six year old, Mexican-built VW with Semi-independent suspension will totally lay into a Jap-gentlemans agreement-pusshing Dodge. DUB PRYDE MOVAFOCKAS!!!!!!!

Yes VW's are good, but to say that an SRT4 will get eaten by one, opr is better engineered for that matter, is well.......Stupid, maybe the Mk 5 will have a 3.2 in it, THEN the comparisons can start, but now it is stupid.

crayzayjay
01-13-2004, 03:58 AM
1) Don't tell me how to mod this forum
2) Stop wasting my time
3) Concentrate on cleaning up your own act before worrying about anyone else's. Remember this? You posted it immediately after i'd warned you:
To be honest, I was only being a jerk because of the original post. That guy was a prick, almost as much of one as me.

Read this please:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162405

That's your last warning

Add your comment to this topic!