Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Subaru Legacy GT (turbo) 2005 in the US!!

aznxthuggie
01-06-2004, 09:41 PM
i've always wanted a wrx.. but when i first saw the legacy B4 in japan it made me change my mind.. does anyone know the pricing for the 2005 legacy gt in the US? they haven't officially released a price but that car is DAM NICE.. they said it should be here in june 04.. so i gotta wait a grip of time before i can buy it.. but then i duno about the reliability of subarus, anyone know if subarus last long?
awarded car of the year 03-04 in japan
250hp turbo flat 4.. 0-60 in 5.5
250hp n/a flat 6 (so far.. no luck coming out in the US)

jackacc
01-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I had considered waiting for next years GT to come out before I bought my L 35th anniv edition this year, but I am pretty sure I would not have been able to afford it. Especially since they will in no doubt be in high demand like the STI's this year.

But they are so nice looking and finally... some power!! I hope to get one down the road a bit.

Diesel2NR
01-09-2004, 09:23 AM
I'd definately be interested in that one! With the L at 20 grand starting though, I doubt I'd be able to afford a turbo.

sha_zapple
01-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Why no Forrester XT on the poll?

Id love to have a Legacy Turbo, drool!

aznxthuggie
01-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Why no Forrester XT on the poll?

Id love to have a Legacy Turbo, drool!

lol sorry might have been a bit biased.. o wellps.. time to save up all my $$$$$$$$4 n throw it into a 05 legacy hahaha

jackacc
01-13-2004, 08:57 AM
I wonder if the 05 turbo motor will swap into previous years... like my 04 for example.... :naughty: hmmmmm....

subyfanatic
01-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Engine swaps aren't really a problem among Subarus, these late flat fours don't change much in dimensions.

aznxthuggie
03-29-2004, 11:24 PM
yah it should be pretty easy swapping engines since they only have the ej20 n the ej25 well im sayin the engines themselves aren't that much different in size.. but the 3.0 liter H6 they have is HUGE and in terms of extra space it doesn't look very inviting for a turbo/twiin turbo

focusyn
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd definately be interested in that one! With the L at 20 grand starting though, I doubt I'd be able to afford a turbo.

Turbo Legacy starts at 26k with a 5 spd manual. And they can be found on most dealer lots for that price, so it's not a special order situation. Add a grand for the 5 spd autobox.

I find the Legacy more desirable then the WRX, but then again, I prefer my cars stealth-like and fast. And the Legacy blends into traffic very nicely.

WRX STi is a different story though!

nitrous36
03-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Get the Legacy 2.5 GT. Compared to the WRX. Heres what makes it better. It looks better than the WRX and WRX STI. Its a good sleeper car. Does not grab as much attention. Blends in better like everyone else has said. More interior room. More mature. Great performance. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. 250 hp. They can easily take 300 hp and more. And it doesnt scream rice. Its not as fast as the WRX STI but it can be. Also the WRX may grab more attention from the law but not as much as a Mustang or a Honda with loud exhaust that makes alot noise and is barely getting anywhere (a car that sound like its doing 75 and its only doing 35). I plan to get a Legacy 2.5 GT.

legaSeedless
03-13-2005, 01:37 PM
I wasn't too sure about the '05 Legacy GT when I first saw it, especially since I had the WRX wagon in mind. But i have a big family, and with the addition of twin girls, i needed the extra room and had to get rid of the integra GSR. When shopping at the dealership, i noticed the Legacy wagon had much more interior room, and the testdrive quickly melted away any other ties to the WRX. I love my Legacy, it's a definate sleeper, being a wagon helps, but it blows the doors off pretty much everything else on the road. It sounds great, I put an aftermarket intake on and I can't get enough of the sound. I would reccomend this car to anyone, whether it's the sedan or the wagon, auto or manual(preferably manual), everyone can enjoy this car. :smokin:

GrimBeaver
03-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I'd love it more if the usdm legacy had the 6-spd from the STi available for it.

SunfireGT99
05-18-2005, 04:29 PM
i've always wanted a wrx.. but when i first saw the legacy B4 in japan it made me change my mind.. does anyone know the pricing for the 2005 legacy gt in the US? they haven't officially released a price but that car is DAM NICE.. they said it should be here in june 04.. so i gotta wait a grip of time before i can buy it.. but then i duno about the reliability of subarus, anyone know if subarus last long?
awarded car of the year 03-04 in japan
250hp turbo flat 4.. 0-60 in 5.5
250hp n/a flat 6 (so far.. no luck coming out in the US)

just purchased a 05 subaru legacy almost went for the GT but for the price difference it was not worth it to me but thats me anyways the price for the GT's start at $28,000 and can go as high as $34,000 have a good one

Add your comment to this topic!