Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cheap 'n' Easy paint stand

ImportBuilder
01-05-2004, 08:35 PM
This basic idea has most likely already been discussed, but i want to tell everyone about my stand. sorry bout no pics, but i'll have drawings @ the end of this how to.

Supplies: Floral Foam block (mine is 8 in. Long X 4 in. Wide X 3 in. Tall)
You can get these @ craft stores. Mine are green, and are like styrofoam, but more crumbly
Wire coat hanger
Electriacal OR Duct tape
Part tree bag from kit
X-Acto knife OR scissors

Step 1: Take the largest bag you have from a kit. I used the big bag from the Revell 1969 Camaro SS/RS Convertible. Slip the bag around the block, and pull it tight. Tape the bag closed, like youre wrapping a gift.
Step 2: take youre hanger, and unfold it. Flatten/Straighten it and then bend it 90 degrees approximately 2 inches form the end. Make a bend 6 inches (or 4 inches from the first bend) from the end.

Step 3: following that, bend it 90 degrees (an "L" bend) again about 1 inch from bend 1. Make another L bend, then an immediate L bend so that step 3 equals 180 degrees.

Step 4: Bend the hanger 90 degrees again, four inches from the top of step 2. 5 inches from that, bend 90 degrees. 2.75 inches from that, bend it 90 degrees, so that u have a bg, 180 degree turn. Repeat the earlier steps so that you have the same thing on both sides.

Step 5: now, set the mutated, insane looking, hanger on the foam block, and mark where things will go into it.. cut a whole @ your marks, and press the hanger into the foam. seal things up with the tape, and thats it.

http://stranglethecat.com/Uploads/1/paint_stand.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!