Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

OEM Keyless module location

klimber66
01-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Hey all, newbie here needs some info. I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 and I purchased an OEM keyless entry unit, but I am not sure where the module is to be plugged into the factory wiring harness. If anyone can help me out and let me know where this goes I would appreciate it. I also understand that because I don't have keyless working on my truck right now, I need to get the dealer to program this new unit. Is this true? If not, any info on programming would be great.

klimber66
01-08-2004, 03:56 PM
btt

quickcar
01-27-2004, 10:20 PM
the newer dodge rams keyless entry modules plug into the back of the guage cluster ....you will need to take it to a dealer to have the remotes programmed if i remember correctly i work at a dodge dealership as a tech and had to install one a short time ago
when you remove the guage cluster youll see a spot in the back right in the center where the module snaps into place
hope this helps
rick

sadlerb_98
08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500. I looked at the back of my gauge cluster and there isn't a spot for the keyless entry module. Any ideas where it goes?

Thanks,

firemanmike
09-01-2005, 08:47 PM
I have an 03 1500 also. I put the module in and it came with pre-programmed remotes. Got it off ebay.
Yes it's in the back of the gauge cluster, kinda a pain to put in, but not too hard.You have to remove the gauge trim ring and pull the gauges forward, and sort of lie on your back looking up under the steering column, lots of fun, but then you can reach up and push it into place, and the reomtes are ready ( do a search on ebay for the whole set up).
It took like 15 minutes to do.
HTH

Add your comment to this topic!