Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

DVD player/Navigation system

kimkim
01-04-2004, 11:20 PM
I going to get the RX8 with the navigation system but does anyone know if you can play DVD's on it? It says DVD navigation system, but the dealer said he doesn't think so. Do you know if I would just need to install a dvd player and use the navigation screen as a monitor???
anyone that has the nav system...is it worth the $2,000??

pbw252
01-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I going to get the RX8 with the navigation system but does anyone know if you can play DVD's on it? It says DVD navigation system, but the dealer said he doesn't think so. Do you know if I would just need to install a dvd player and use the navigation screen as a monitor???
anyone that has the nav system...is it worth the $2,000??

I have the Nav system. It is an expensive extra but the few times I have used it I think it has been great. You cannot play anything esle on it. I wondered the same thing, could I watch movies on it. You cannot, only the maps are possible.

Doug McGill
02-08-2004, 01:36 AM
oh ma god....hell no, it is totally not worth adding the 2,000 for the navigation, it workd rather well, but you really have to think how often you are going to use it. seriously, unless you do alot of grand touring, i would not get the shit.

Drloud
03-09-2004, 07:43 AM
A friend of mine had a Nav system put in his 350Z and it ended up costing over $3500 at a local car stereo place. If he had just got it when he ordered the car it would have only cost $2000.

Just my 2 cents

mazdaparis
03-11-2004, 01:50 AM
I haven't the nav system, but now I want to put it.
The original is too expensive, especily in my country.
Do you know if any aftermarket brand have the system?
The reason I want it, is the monitor to play DVD ant TV.
PLEASE HELP!!!

AC_A340-500
03-18-2004, 08:29 AM
The nav system in the RX-8 I drove last week took forever to load. During every step. Anyone else have that problem, or is it only the Euro version?

navvision
05-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Hello,

There is a source you can contact to have your factory installed navigation screen converted to display any multi-media source, such as TV, DVD, PC, Video Games, Rear View Camera, Satellite TV and ETC. One of the sources to which I am referring is http://www.nav-vision.com or for more information you can call Rudy Z at 718 281-0511 or email me info@nav-vision.com

Regards,

Rudy Z

nordicrx8
11-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know how to get the maps for the RX8 nav system for Europe? I bought a new RX8 stateside and the dealer there didn't know how to get the European maps. I pick it up on Friday and would like to have a dvd to drive back from Bremerhaven

drftk1d
11-30-2004, 10:44 PM
its worth getting if you get lost like me. Grand touring, wtf? Who does that. It's good to have when drivning around city streets, since you never know how they are going to be (ie, one way streets that require you to make 3 left turns just to make a right), so in that sense, its worth every penny.

Add your comment to this topic!