Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda Accord starting Problem

Pages : 1 [2]

ladagosta
03-26-2013, 02:45 AM
What could poosibly be killing my car battery? One guy told me that I may need to trace the hot wire from battery to alt.? WTF? Also where could I be getting a constant draw from? Thank JE24 out!

just going to throw this out there it is old, but i had a car that had a short in the trunk switch.. the light would stay on in the trunk and being the trunk was closed no one could see it.. the darndest things with cars,, only happened to figure this out as once the keys got locked in the trunk and we had to go through the back seat to get the keys since this year and model didnt have a trunk release in the front of the car.. tells you how old the car was..
but the point being shorts can appear almost anywhere in a vehicle... and finding the short can be very time consuming or you may just luck out and come cross it by chance after months of killing your batteries.... LOL

shawnprefers4x4s
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Hello eveyrone. I recently bought a 93 accord as my daily driver and its starting to have starting issues. I replaced the spark plugs and the battery cables and that seemed to do the trick for a couple months. Now its having starting issues again. Itll turn and turn but wont turn over. It will sometimes start very weak like its starved for gas. Sometimes I end up having to leave it overnight in a parking lot and wheni go back the next day itstarts right up. Any input is greatly appreciated!

somick
07-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello eveyrone. I recently bought a 93 accord as my daily driver and its starting to have starting issues. I replaced the spark plugs and the battery cables and that seemed to do the trick for a couple months. Now its having starting issues again. Itll turn and turn but wont turn over. It will sometimes start very weak like its starved for gas. Sometimes I end up having to leave it overnight in a parking lot and wheni go back the next day itstarts right up. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Sounds like a weak battery. Take it to autozone or any other automotive store and ask them to check your charging system.

I hope it is that simple.

Good luck,
Sam

mayor2013
02-28-2014, 01:13 PM
If u have d MIL on your instrument cluster its advisable you run a scan on that car

clayaadcox
02-28-2014, 08:03 PM
i have 87 accord it was running ran out of gas went to start it and when i turned key to start position when the vehicle usally quits dinging instead it gives a rapid ding an will not start, was wondering if this is part of the security system or do i have another problem

Thomas Sams
03-28-2014, 11:35 AM
No need to worry, It's a common problem which happen by fuel filter error. Every car owner face this problem few time in life.
You just need to wash/clean your fuel filter maybe there is sum dust which crate some problem in fuel continuity.

Bwhnt86
02-29-2016, 07:43 AM
you might try the Accord V6 forum.. its dedicated solely to your car.

Can you post a link to the Accord V6 forum? I can't find one dedicated to the V6. Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!