Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3rd GMC, 1st Suburban. Have Questions

RTcamping
01-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone.

Just purchased 93 k2500(7.4L 454) 4X4 GMC Burban w/95k miles. Truck is loaded and in mint cond. Cost: $6995.00 This will be my 3rd GMC. Have always trusted them. 1st GMC was 82 C1500(5.0L 305) classic 2X4, truck went 280k miles - 150 being mine; though @200, needed new trans - truck gave me months of warning to save money for new trans, and the 2nd was a 99 Sierra 1500(4.3L V6 - 5spd) 4X4. - Leased new and put 118K hard miles on. NOTE: this is to any anti-gm people out there: Leased this truck bcause could not afford it. And that means I couldn't afford to take care of it either!, point here is; I changed the oil 4 TIMES ONLY - USED PROLONG SUPER LUBE AND $20 OIL FILTERS IN THE 118K MILES I DROVE!!!!!! - the truck ran as smooth as it did when it was new. I neglected the engine bcause I knew I was going to get screwed at the end of the lease (due to my own stupidity ofcourse) Long story just a little shorter: $10,890 due at lease end for over mileage and excessive wear and abuse! GIVE ME THE VASELINE, PLEASE! Enough about the past.

On to the new 93 burban mannnn!! I F-=-=-= LOVE this truck. My first tank of gas yeilded a 9.3 mpg return on my investment in gas. Not complaining here, I know I have the pig of pigs, uhm...K. Here's the question: I know there are people out there who are doing stuff to their engine to improve this figure a little. Wondering what I might do. Looks as if a Banks Power exshaust sytem and a k&n cold air intake might ad 2-3 mpg? Looking for those w/this engine who have improve mpg.

Thanks everyone.

toivo
01-06-2004, 02:09 PM
fourwheeler magazine has info on aftermarket products such computer chips, catback exhaust systems, k&n airfilters, tornado intake modifcations etc. check out either fourwheeler magazine.

Add your comment to this topic!