Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

horn problems

huntinhard
01-02-2004, 07:18 PM
:banghead: Hello fellow truck owners, my horn is not working on my truck I have checked all the fuses including the horn circuit under the hood I have also pulled out the horn relay and tested that also I tried looking for a possible ground problem and have found none. the next is to pull the horn for testing does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your input.

rajjhauf
07-24-2004, 01:33 AM
My 97 Ram did the same thing, except it would blow a fuse after you honked the horn for about 2 seconds. I found that my horns were shorted out and after replacing them i've never had any more problems. (took a while to figure this out)

rogerh
09-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi. I'm not sure my horn ever worked and can't even find the fuse for it. Did you fix your problem, and can you help with mine?

rogerh

:banghead: Hello fellow truck owners, my horn is not working on my truck I have checked all the fuses including the horn circuit under the hood I have also pulled out the horn relay and tested that also I tried looking for a possible ground problem and have found none. the next is to pull the horn for testing does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your input.

dtstrout
09-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Mine was out also. After checking the fuse and hearing that the horn relay (located on the drivers side under the hood) was working, (you can hear it click when you press the horn button) I checked for voltage at the horns. Since there was, I replaced the horns. $10 at a junk yard and an easy swap.

imtheoneandonlyD
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Sounds like an excuse to buy some air horns :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!