Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 tahoe keyless entry programming

Wink
01-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Need to konw how to program the keyless entry on my 95 tahoe. I have tried to do it according to some of the other postings for earlier models and had no success.

jacksonc68
05-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Did you ever sort this out? I'm in need of the same information.

Thanks

typicalsituations
05-06-2004, 06:28 AM
Instructions for old body style trucks
The OBDII Data Link Connector (DLC) is located under the dashboard near the steering wheel shaft. The image below is rotated 90 degrees to the left (left is 'up'). Use a paper clip bent into a 'U' to ground the pins as instructed.

http://www.spasticpuppy.net/keylessentry/dlc2.jpg

1.Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds. KEEP THIS CONNECTION WHILE YOU DO THE FOLLOWING
2.Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
3.Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
4.Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
5.Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
6.Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.

B4VITALY
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
That's A Great Diagram And Instructions, But What Do I Do If My 95 Dlc Connector Only Has 6 Pins Not 8? I Would Really Appriciate Your Help. Thanks
B4vitaly

Add your comment to this topic!