Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which One Would YOU Pick?

xhundredproofx
01-02-2004, 04:30 PM
'96 Acura Integra LS (127K Miles, AT) - $4,500
'97 Acura Integra RS (83K Miles, AT) - $6,000

Which car would you buy (mostly considering longetivity of the car and the better deal)?

And I was just wondering, what are the major differences with the LS and RS models?

shaunthebadass
01-02-2004, 10:19 PM
damn dude where are you looking? i picked up my 96' gsr with 120k miles (mt) for $4,000

tsugsr
01-02-2004, 11:31 PM
there is no difference in the motor, both 1.8ltre non vtec DOCH motors. the only difference in the two types are interior options, and stuff like that. the price for the LS sounds about right, but the one for the RS seems high, i just got a 95 GSR with only 77k for 6,000 and its in perfect condition.

Doubletap
01-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Neither... Automatic, are you kidding me. 126 lb feet and an automatic transmission are a horrible pair! Even if you don't plan on keeping it that low how much fun can you have in an auto. Personally I would spend the extra 1500 and get fewer miles on the motor. Consider who owned the car, is it an old lady who took good care of it or a punk kid with no concept of car care? There's a lot more to think about than miles and money. Oh and if its a dealer I would forget it and find a private owner. Dealers are always out to fuck you over. they are not you friend never let them trick you into thinking they are trying to help you out. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND!

DoubleTap

integralover
01-03-2004, 01:59 AM
very true, go for a private owner. that is the best way to find out who was taking care of that car. and i got my 93 teq ls w/ 101k miles for $3,300. if you jsut be patient for a bit the right car will fall in your lap. DON'T RUSH IT!!!

HondaIntegraXSI
01-03-2004, 02:17 PM
I would save and buy my car from me, lol. naw man, I would pick um a sale circular and search till you find the car you absolutely love. and I'm not talking love because it's pretty and you have the money, I meant the best you can get for what you have...

Tegryder11
01-03-2004, 04:08 PM
If you like all the options on the 96 LS i'd say go for that but 127k isnt that much for a honda motor it'll save you almost 2 grand. The real difference between RS and LS is the RS comes with absolutly nothing not even options no ABS nothing but the LS can come with a CD player ABS all that stuff. Basically the RS is the bone stock integra with nothing on it if your gonna mod it i'd say go for the cheaper one but if your not go for the 96 LS

99civic03
01-03-2004, 04:22 PM
I say go for neither since theyre both AT which will kill your tuning options in terms of hp.

xhundredproofx
01-04-2004, 11:20 PM
i think ima stick with the '96 LS

goonster
01-05-2004, 12:11 PM
what does the LS have over the RS? Keep in mind you can always upgrade all stereo options. i'd always go for the younger car regardless if you can afford it. unless you want to mod it, you could save cash going cheaper.

Doubletap
01-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Ditto to that. A newer car with fewer miles (in this case a ot fewer) is always my choice but I would still wait. Neither of these cars is going to make you happy for very long if you ever want to have fun in it. Its just not possible in an automatic. Trust us we know! Wait for the right car to come around and you will not regret yuo decision.

DoubleTap

Add your comment to this topic!