Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lowering springs

kilpatty43
01-02-2004, 08:11 AM
im finally getting some springs for my car and im looking at eibach pro kit or skunk2 springs...any recommendations on which would be best for my teg?

Spectre927
01-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Eibachs are nice. I only usually hear about skunk2s suspension dept. when its in reference to their coilovers. Id stick with the suspension only company

integratool666
01-02-2004, 08:09 PM
i think eibachs are one of the best - my friend has them - and he can take any turn any time - in my opinion - those are probably the best you can get

shaunthebadass
01-02-2004, 10:17 PM
my friend has the eibach pro kit on his spec-v and those are pretty cool, they were definately made for taking corners REALLY fast. i have neuspeed race springs on my dc2 integra and i love them. when they settled and everything was said and done they were at almost a 3" drop in the front and 2.75" in the back. i threw 17's on there with 205/40's and it looks very good. there is no wheel gap and they dont rub. if your're looking for cornering and stiff suspension.....go with the eibach; if you want looks and almost as good suspension....go with the neuspeed.
the eibach's usually run for $185
the neuspeed race is usually $130-150

BullShifter
01-03-2004, 02:02 AM
im finally getting some springs for my car and im looking at eibach pro kit or skunk2 springs...any recommendations on which would be best for my teg?
If I had the choice, I'd pick the Pro Kit. They're nice all-around springs when combined with good struts. H&R's are cheaper than Eibach's & perform as well or better than the Pro Kit. If your looking for improved handling, after (1) tires, (2/3) struts/shocks, & (2/3) springs, A rear sway bar upgrade will have the greatest afftect.

1 2 3 - order of importance for improved handling.

HondaIntegraXSI
01-03-2004, 11:37 AM
The skunk 2 will ride rough as hell, and eibach is a good ride but still a little rough. IMO save you money and get some Koni struts with Neuspeed Sport springs. this will eliminate will gap, is driver friendly by adjusting to the road conditions, were designed to work in corespondance, and are a firm yet smooth ride. and If you want performance you go with 1)tires 2)bushings 3)swaybars 4)strutbars 5)struts/springs

HondaIntegraXSI
01-03-2004, 11:38 AM
oh, forgot, alignment is #2

BullShifter
01-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I disagree with the "strutbars" being before shocks/springs, those should come LAST! Since their biggest improvement is looks even top of the line functional parts.

HondaIntegraXSI
01-03-2004, 02:03 PM
looks?? The last thing I want is a big-ass bar across my motor bay.... it prvents chasse flex under hard cornering, which happens from body sway. which you eliminate with springs so to get the most of your suspention, you should prevent chasse flex before swaping springs.

BullShifter
01-03-2004, 02:59 PM
There is no need to try an educate me on suspension. . .Strut/tie bars stiffen the car a little, sways bars control body sway(roll). They are 2 completely different things, 1 provides stiffness & the other provides roll control. By the law of physics, FWD has understeer(slow/bad) as a natural characteristic. No tie bar will create oversteer to make it neutral or slight bit of oversteer(great for autocross) only a larger rear sway & stiffer springs/struts can do this. The lowered CG also helps. Suspension isn't anything without the right tires.

Tegryder11
01-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I say go for the Eibach sportlines, you will most likely not have to get a camber kit. I'd stay away from coilovers if thats what your talking about if you get the Skunk2's. My friend has a teg just like mine and has Skun2 coils and the ride is hella bumpy, not smooth and just overall shitty stick with the Eibach's homie.

GiRlieGrLB18c1
01-03-2004, 08:50 PM
FiRst off---What kind of ride do you want? How much loweR do you want to be? You gotta think about aftermarket shocks too...
*I had Eibachs on my old car~no complaints niCe and stiff w/KYB's dropped about 1.5 inches
*Now i have Neuspeed Race springs~no aftermarket shocks yet (spring 04' WHOO-HOO) My ridE is slAmmed...LOL

HondaIntegraXSI
01-03-2004, 09:10 PM
I say swaybars, bushings, tires, and alignment and nothing else. Springs as the first upgrade is like running 25 psi on stock gaskets and internals. It's just not smart, and your performance will suffer if you don't do the little things...

Add your comment to this topic!