Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 horn chirp

cwimmer
01-02-2004, 01:56 AM
i had a Clifford alarm installed on my 2003 silverado, and now the horn chirps when arming... can the factory keyless entry settings fix this?
VIN # 2gcec19v831253643
the alarm installer says that it is the way it is,,<no help there>

cwimmer :evillol:

ponchonutty
01-02-2004, 10:54 PM
i had a Clifford alarm installed on my 2003 silverado, and now the horn chirps when arming... can the factory keyless entry settings fix this?
VIN # 2gcec19v831253643
the alarm installer says that it is the way it is,,<no help there>

cwimmer :evillol:

Not sure. Is it just an alarm or is it just a remote start? There are 2 things that can make the horn chirp. Either they hooked up horn honk from the alarm and did not deleate that feature (this is only with remote start). Or, you can try to change the settings on your truck's BCM if they used the 456g interface to operate the locks.

cwimmer
01-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Not sure. Is it just an alarm or is it just a remote start? There are 2 things that can make the horn chirp. Either they hooked up horn honk from the alarm and did not deleate that feature (this is only with remote start). Or, you can try to change the settings on your truck's BCM if they used the 456g interface to operate the locks.

the alarm did this before I went back and had the remote start added.
yes they did use a dei interface to operate the locks and that module is what they blamed for the honk. only on arm not disarm.

I checked with my old key fob and it still works the way it came, one push to lock, second push confirms with honk.

So how do I change setting on the BCM ??? :naughty:

cwimmer

Add your comment to this topic!