No brake lights 95 Cutlass

sawdust
12-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Help!

My brake light suddenly stopped working. I have running light and turn signals. I've replaced the brake switch (at the peddle), confirmed power at this switch. Check fuse and power in the fuse box.

Is there an additional switch, sensor, or relay that is bad?

Very strange ... running light and turn signals but no brake lights; this includes the 3rd light. Bulbs ohm out too. All help appreciated, thank you. Dave

Bill V
12-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Try turning your hazard lights on and off a few times. I've seen a number of these problems caused by the turn signal switch.

duntovlives
01-02-2004, 01:16 AM
also, u can hold the brake down while "wiggling" the turn signal lever... the brake lights receive power via the turn signal switch.

tbub
01-06-2004, 09:47 AM
had the same problem with my 93.....i replaced the turn signal switch located behind the steering wheel. Long process you will have to drop the colum. PM me if you need more details.
Todd

becky3501
07-20-2004, 03:18 PM
I've tried all the above (not replacing) still no break lights. Also could really use the fuse box numbers and what each is for. thanks

becky3501
07-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I need the fuse box numbers and what each one goes to for my 95 cutless supreme. Also can't get break lights to work. HELP thanks

dhspring
07-21-2004, 11:53 AM
The guys are correct, had the same problem with my son's 94 cutlass, the turn signal switch is bad, if you pull back on it the lights will work. I had to remove the steering wheel and the lock sprocket but once you get that off it was relatively easy, the switch was $65 from the dealer, but if they install it's about $300. If you can get the wheel off, it's not bad, you might need a puller.

Add your comment to this topic!