Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp + Sub in Jetta Question

Crashz
12-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone, new to the board here. I do have a question in mind though. I am in no way shape or form knowledgeable in car audio. I have an amp and sub in my possession and I recently purchased a new vehicle (Jetta 2003 1.8T). The amp and sub were left over from an insurance cover. What information I am after is whether or not it is possible to install this amp and sub into the factory deck of the Jetta. Again I am in unfamiliar territory so any help would be appreciated in this matter. My e-mail is jyuen@mts.net if you would prefer to contact me directly, which would be the easier way for me. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

ToyTundra
12-29-2003, 04:28 PM
I soldered female RCAs onto the output of my factory headunit. All you need is a wiring diagram to figure out which wires are which channel. You will probably need a ground loop isolator from radio shack to keep out the noise (I am too lazy to put mine in). This method won't sound killer but it is a stealthy way to upgrade one's stereo

sr20de4evr
12-29-2003, 04:49 PM
I soldered female RCAs onto the output of my factory headunit. All you need is a wiring diagram to figure out which wires are which channel. You will probably need a ground loop isolator from radio shack to keep out the noise (I am too lazy to put mine in). This method won't sound killer but it is a stealthy way to upgrade one's stereo

are you serious?
If you want to add an amp to a stock system do it the right way and use a line output convertor

Crashz
12-29-2003, 05:02 PM
How hard is that to do with the line output converter? Would a shop be able to do something like that? Once that is installed, the amp and sub can be installed into the factory deck then? Sorry for all of the inquiries, but again, I am pretty much in the dark with all of this. Thanks for the input!

sr20de4evr
12-29-2003, 09:41 PM
very easy, you just splice the speaker outputs into the wires on one end of the LOC, and then plug your rcas into the other end of the LOC. This is what all shops use when they install an amp into a factory system.

PaulD
12-30-2003, 09:36 PM
it's about as easy as ToyTundra's method .... and works a LOT better

ToyTundra
01-02-2004, 05:29 PM
I forgot to mention that the Tundra comes with a poser factory amp so i am dealing with pre-amp outs (kinda). That is why i cant tell the difference with or without a LOC in my case.

bulk@hatzakis.net
11-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I bought them from "PartsExpress.com". It's a little blue thing the side of a tube of toothpast, you cut your speaker wires and this will serve as a level converter (it just brings the signal strength down). They are a peice of cake to use. You can get to the wires at the speakers. My dealer fax'd me the pinouts. I have a Jetta 2000.

while I'm replying,

here's an off topic questio, but since you're talking about Jettas:

any one here know the wiring for the VW Jetta radios?

I go the dealer FAX me the pinouts for my Jetta 2000 (standard, not a monsoon) radio, but it's got NO detail. Can anyone help explain what the wires do?

Michael

Add your comment to this topic!