Installed Duals Now Engine Light wont Go Off

CrucialConcepts
12-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Whats up All...
I have a 03 Dodge Ram that Im having a bit of problems with!!!
I installed an aftermarket Exhuast.

I used the exsisting y pip cut it and went streight back. I have 2 High flow Cats, and 2 40 Seriers Flow Masters. The truck sound Awsome!!!

Well, a few days after I installed the kit my engine light went on. The error code says Insufient Exhuast. So now Im asuming that its giving me an error because the O2 sensor is on the right pipe and its not reading the left pipe so it thinks there is an exhuast leak.

Has anyone had this problem before or know a way to fix this? I was thinking that if I was to put a O2 sensor on both sides and then tie it into each other so it gets a reading on both sides, but I have yet found a kit that will allow me to tie it into each other?

HELP!!! :banghead:

GMCMAN
12-29-2003, 08:30 PM
You May Want To Check Your Computer Codes.they Are Set To Read So Much 02 And When You Changed Your Exhaust You Changed The Amount Of 02 That Your Comp Reads Good Luck

6homer
12-31-2003, 07:44 AM
Had a problem just like that on my 94 ram, add a
second O2 sensor and splice it to the original one.
Then it will see both pipes.

CrucialConcepts
01-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Had a problem just like that on my 94 ram, add a
second O2 sensor and splice it to the original one.
Then it will see both pipes.

I thought of that, but figured that it would still get an inacurate reading because of the eletrical current... I was told that there is a aftermarket harness that can splice 2 2 sensor together, but you have to re-program your computer to read them.

So all you did was add a 2nd o2 sensor and then splice them to gether hua... sounds like to easy of a fix. If this works I'm going to be mad... LOL...

Has anyone else had this problem?

Add your comment to this topic!