Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help installing cd player in 99 accord

jrshady22004
12-26-2003, 10:17 PM
im trying to install an after market cd player in my 99 accord n im havin trouble taking all of the trim around my radio off. if anyone has done this before,let me know how to get the trim off.

killah_xft
12-26-2003, 11:17 PM
yeah man the 99's are fun to get the face off... I have a 1999 accord LX so I know your pain from when i had to put my new CD deck in.. alright lets start with the screws and where they are.. there are three screws holding the main face onto the dash 2 underneath in front of the shifter just underneath the flip down pocket these you can get at easily.. now the third is a bit tricky.. you'll need a flat head screwdriver. and you see the clock with the emergency switch? in betwween the 2 air vents, well the screw is behind there. take the flat head screwdriver and pry the clock out of the dash on the clock side of the piece, since you can find the crack between the dash, and the clock easier there. now pry this up, unplug the emegency switch, and clock. now unscrew the other screw, and pry the face from bottom to top. Unplug the enviromental controls, and now you have access to the deck which is held in with 4 screws, a magnetic screwdriver comes in real handy here as the screws are deep down, and very hard to get at with your fingers.. remove them pull out the deck, and pocket, and put your CD player where the deck was, and adjust it to fit. put it back in and do everything in reverse, but be sure to plug everything back in.. otherwise you won't be able to tell time, adjust how hot the cabin is, or use your emergency blinkers.. have fun...

Add your comment to this topic!