Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Propane Flamethrower Kits

ChickMagnet869
12-26-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm sure someone's already posted on this topic, but does anyone know where to order or how to build a propane flamethrower kit? They used them in 2 Fast 2 Furious to make the blue flames, but I can't find on the internet anywhere to order or how to build them.

Steel
12-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Haha! REAL cars dont need kits... ;)

DomesticRicer
12-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Its his car, so where is it our place to make a comment? If you want to make a comment atleast supply him with some useful info along with it; That reply just wastes space....Hes only got 5 posts, so cut him a small break.
Now, if you've done as much searching as you say then surely you can find the search box for this forum and type in a few things to find what your looking for, because it has been talked about before.
Welcome to the board, and I hope you find what your looking for here!

Jims5543
12-27-2003, 12:44 AM
Mine makes big ass flames all by itself. I have some vid of it spraying out a nice 4 foot long bright red flame then it sucks in and a blue pop. Very intimidating to say the least.

At night it lights up my mirrors.

I would not be too comfortable pumping propane into my exhaust system in order to make a cool flame. It sounds like a recipe for disaster.

MustangRoadRacer
12-27-2003, 08:41 AM
It is common practice among hot rodders and low riders, so look at magazines and websites that cater to them. Ususally it is pretty simple, and can be done by you with a little time.
just get a small bottle, and run a line to your exhaust, AFTER your mufflers preferably, becauset he flame will hurt them. Some people use a spark plug to ignite the gas, which seems to work well, others use another mothod involving an actual flame, but I don't know how that works. try GOOGLE.

Alldar
12-27-2003, 09:32 AM
illegal...

Self
12-27-2003, 12:08 PM
Do a search for this on these forums. I've provided someone with info and pics on more than on occasion. I would do the same now, except I don't remember the site that sells the kit anymore:biggrin:

IronfistPB
12-27-2003, 01:41 PM
www.autoloc.com

Amish_kid
12-29-2003, 04:10 PM
http://www.dieseldigital.net/media/nopinats2003/images/DSC00227.JPG

Propane ain't got shit on this.

tha_new_guy
12-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Propane ain't got shit on this.
OMG..... :eek7:

I always thought combustion was supposed to occur INSIDE the hollow cylinder thingys..... Man was I mistaken. That thing must run 9's!!

J/K. :biggrin:

Alldar
12-30-2003, 11:44 AM
dude it runs 5s... that exaust is like jet engine yo~ it adds like 4000Hps

Amish_kid
12-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Actually it's all real and IIRC it's in the 11's or 12's.

fatninja19
01-01-2004, 03:10 AM
I like the flame from the batmobile. hahaha

chales56
01-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Doesnt it hurt the engine to run gas through it without combustin?

RicR_wana_B
01-01-2004, 04:52 AM
Doesnt it hurt the engine to run gas through it without combustin?
well from what i know it does hurt it but not all that bad... and the way its done is an extra spark plug is put in the end of the tail pipe and(im not sure how) but the power from the plugs in the cylinders is turned off and sent to the plug in the tail pipe and the gas just runs through with out combustion and u get a flaim comin out of the pipe... now that is the "ghetto" way to do it, if u do it like that then the flames will be just the ones seen in 2f2f but if u get the kit for it the flames can get HUGE well thats my :2cents: later

Jims5543
01-03-2004, 02:58 PM
No Propane here either.

Some guys tune their cars rich. This is a by product of it. Especially turbo cars where they are not boosting hard. There is extra unburnt fuel in the exhaust that gets ignited and this is the result.

So when I start seeing cars installing systems in their cars to make flames it makes me smile. Imitation is the purest form of flattery.

http://www.nopistons.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1072927805.jpg

ChickMagnet869
01-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Hey domestic ricer, thanks for what you said, I just don't have a lot of time to post every day. Anwyay I searched auto forums like everyone said and still didn't find a propane flame thrower kit. I found a couple of regular ones, but I don't like the though of shutting off my ignition to send raw fuel. Let me know if you find any propane kits for sale or instructions on making them.

1QUICK2
01-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Throwing REAL flames is pimp. When someone is tailgating me and I go from 1st to 2nd it will throw a huge flame and backfire and hit their bumper. Or when I am crusing I can rev to the redline and let off and it will throw like 2-3ft flames.

cargirl05
04-13-2004, 07:38 AM
My boyfriend's mate makes home made flame kits, i was just wondering how safe you recon they are?

-The Stig-
04-13-2004, 06:21 PM
My boyfriend's mate makes home made flame kits, i was just wondering how safe you recon they are?

Well, common sense would dictate that shooting a fireball any place near a tank full of gasoline would be unsafe.

So, shooting a flame out the tail pipes of a car, where in a short distance several gallons of petrol sit... not a great idea.

And I know you probably don't know this, but digging up old threads (over 3 months old) is highly frowned upon.

Add your comment to this topic!