Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing stock 93 bumber? How?

Maple50175
12-25-2003, 10:22 PM
I been looking at my bumper wanted to remove it because it got smashed and i dont get how i remove it i see when i open the hood and take the grill out there are like little plastic screw things but when i go use a screwdriver to them all the screw things get all stripped.. Beats me how to remove it if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it :screwy:

5thGenAccord
01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
i believe those are called "one-time" screws. the only way to get those things out is to just break them off and replace them. that how it is on my rear bumper. had to snap them off to remove my rear bumper.

accordztech
01-16-2004, 11:27 AM
use a chiesil...put it between the screw and the body and hammer, it will come right off...those screws are stupid...i dont have mine ne more -=)

5thGenAccord
01-20-2004, 10:59 AM
i agree...they are stupid. i think its just another way for the automotive stores to get money from us by making us buy screws that will only be used once. cant reuse them again. i think its a conspiracy. -= D

accordztech
01-20-2004, 11:01 AM
haha my car was in an accident, they still used fuked up screws, one thing they dont know...is that i will never buy the screws again hahaha...zipties are your friend

Add your comment to this topic!