Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 dash lights and remote starter problems

hdbfree
12-25-2003, 05:45 PM
I recently purchased a 1998 Jimmy and when I use the remote starter it turns the engine off in about 2 minutes and then starts it again. It continues this cycle until I get in and start the motor.
Also my dash lights do not come on at night. I checked the fuses, all fine. The above outside temp and radio station display will turn off when I put the full night lights on but when I turn the engine off, those two displays come on and the radio will continue playing until the door is opened. Then everything shuts off. Is this normal and is anyone else familiar with these problems..
New Jimmy Owner in New York...Hdbfree@aol.com

ponchonutty
12-25-2003, 10:28 PM
I recently purchased a 1998 Jimmy and when I use the remote starter it turns the engine off in about 2 minutes and then starts it again. It continues this cycle until I get in and start the motor.
Also my dash lights do not come on at night. I checked the fuses, all fine. The above outside temp and radio station display will turn off when I put the full night lights on but when I turn the engine off, those two displays come on and the radio will continue playing until the door is opened. Then everything shuts off. Is this normal and is anyone else familiar with these problems..
New Jimmy Owner in New York...Hdbfree@aol.com

As far as the remote starter I do not know what brand it is but more than likely it is a problem with the programming or something. I would guess it is installed using voltage sense rather than tach sense.

Lights, verify the dimmer switch is working properly. After you do, let me know. THe radio/door thing is right. All GM cars do that now.

Add your comment to this topic!