Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SS and a Cobra

JayplaySS2
12-25-2003, 03:53 PM
I want everybody to listen to this. I really love Mustangs and have had 8 of them and I have had 4 Camaros. I actually work for Ford in Finance division and want you to know one thing. I drive a 99 SS 6speed and our Manager of Finance has a red 03 Z06. WE CAN'T even sell the last 03 Cobras. 3 Left, we have had em for a year.....12 freakin months. The only real reason the Camaro is no longer made is because the lease for the Canadian plant was up.....and it is being moved to Bowling green for 2004, May production RUN! Firebirds will schedule a return for a year later release. For the comparo. I actually laugh when I drive a GT, it won't move out of it's own way. It really is funny. Mach 1 is a bit quicker, but NOWHERE near an LS1 and please don't even think an LS6(Z06) engine. Do you realize the Mach 1 and the Cobra are the best, VERY best that Ford can do with an engine and the LS1 is actually the practice platform that romps on all of them. We have an 03 Cobra that at West Palm Motorplex went 13.102@ 109mph with 1800 miles on it. Plenty loose engine. My stock 99SS went 13.2@107 with a 2.6 60 foot and oh yea, no super charger! STOCK, I SAID STOACK. NOT EVEN A K+N. Why do you think we can't sell em? Ever try pressing the clutch in? The car is a one time only sc car that was to get rid of overstock from oem supercharger copmanies. It is quick, but a tenth or two faster with a supercharger,childs play. The Camaro/Firebird is the superior car in every way and will be agian. Yes I have owned 8 Mustangs and for what. My 11 sec Mustang did not have the 3rd gear pull and gas milage and 6bolt main block that my little LS1 does and I feel sorry for the last guy who actually buys the Cobras from ????.

nacho_nissan
12-25-2003, 10:04 PM
I would like SVTcobra007x to read this! He's gonna bring up all the Saleen cars,rousche,and all those...By the way,the SVT cobra is not all ford! so the fastest mustang(all made 100% by ford aone) is the mach1! thats kind of sad...

justacruiser
12-25-2003, 11:45 PM
I'll reply to this because I like both Chevy and Ford. I'll admit I love my Mustang, most other types of stangs, but my main beef with Ford is basically this... for a company that has supposedly 'proven itself in the racing circuit' as everyone seems to think Ford has and Chevy hasn't, Ford sucks ASS at producing any type of power from their engines on the open market. They always have! They make factory prototypes that kick ass then make em pussy motors when the hit the market. I never have understood why. You CAN get power out of a Ford motor, (though not as much as a Chevy), but you have to do it yourself, or buy some supertrick aftermarket pony for a lot more than a GT sells for. It's total bullshit if you ask me. Unacceptable. They had better remedy that shit too, pronto. GM has stepped up their power figures, Ford is way behind.

TexasF355F1
12-26-2003, 02:46 PM
I like 'stangs and camaro's. But its funny how the diehard ford fans think b/c the lightning and cobras have almost 400hp that they're the best thing since sliced bread. But all ford does is throw a charger on them and thats it. While gm produces power out of the engine w/o chargers.

Add your comment to this topic!