Engine Vibration

rnathan
12-25-2003, 02:40 AM
Hello All,

I have a 95 SL1 with 117K miles on it. Recent times, my car vibrates during acceleration (especially between 40 to 50 miles per hour). Once I reach 55 mph there is no vibration.

Please let me know your views so that I can try to fix this issue at a minimal cost.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Alanna
12-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Hello All,

I have a 95 SL1 with 117K miles on it. Recent times, my car vibrates during acceleration (especially between 40 to 50 miles per hour). Once I reach 55 mph there is no vibration.

Please let me know your views so that I can try to fix this issue at a minimal cost.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

I would suggest a tire balance and rotation

gebster76
01-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Try to check the engine mounts. They are on top and then one on the bottom the one on top is usually the one that is warped. They are rubber. It only runs you about $30.00 labor is fast I payed 45.00 total good luck. Email me if that was the problem. GM-UPC@excite.com

Gabe

goldenrod
01-21-2004, 09:57 PM
It could be bad struts also. Quick tip: If you feel the vibration primarily in the steering wheel then the problem is in the front. If you feel it more in the seat then the problem is in the back.

VS1400
01-22-2004, 08:00 PM
More specific information would help me make a better suggestion...

Does the engine seem to be hesitating/loss of power, or is it more of a feeling in the steering wheel?

A shake in the steering would make me take a look at the front tires and wheels. May be that they are just out of balance, or more seriously, have a broken belt in one of the tires. A badly bent wheel could also cause an incurable balance problem.

Problems with vibration from the engine mount aren't usually noticed during acceleration or at speed. The concern is usually an in gear, at idle, concern.

An engine hesitation on your car, as in when you step on the gas the car vibrates or missfires, I'd start by checking the condition of the spark plugs and wires, and possibly a corrosion problem on the igntion coil towers. A worst case scenario would be a sticking exhaust valve which might be noticed after exiting the highway after a longer trip.

DARYL Green
06-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I have a 98 SL2 with Twin Cam. Engine runs fine except when ideling the whole car buzzes, the dash,head lights center consol, because the engine viberates so bad, once you accelerate it's fine.

sierrap615
06-30-2005, 11:33 PM
old thread, for the orignal question saturn has designed a dampener kit for vibrations between 45 and 55 MPH

vibrations at idle are normally tracked to a broken upper engine mount. visually inspect the rubber

Add your comment to this topic!