Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Borla Exhaust

Zblue70
12-23-2003, 11:21 AM
I just ordered a 04' Daytona Blue Z this month and the ETA should be around March. Its hard to wait knowing that if I currently had the money I could drive it right now.
Theres nothing i can really do to make the time go faster but I have been looking around trying to research parts and accessories to add onto my Z.
I was wondering if anyone has added a Borla Exhaust to their Z and how that compares to the Nismo Exhaust.
Another question is what you guys think of the silver Nismo wheels? I am thinking about adding those on since my Z only has 17's.

369_GeT_LoW
12-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey zblue
i was thinking about your question since 1 week
i'm confused :sly:

the borla exhaust give the best power ever comparing to any 350z exhaust (it gives between 16hp and 20hp) this is the borla advantage

in other hand the nismo exhaust give u marvels sound
it's realy fuckin damn great SOUND but it give u just 6hp

ok now the showtime u must check out this:

Nismo Exhaust (http://www.zfilms.org/SportZMag/DynoDay2003/350Z-NismoExhaust.mpeg)

and this
Borla Exhaust (http://www.zfilms.org/SportZMag/DynoDay2003/350Z-BorlaExhaust.mpeg)

C the diffrince on the sound
so i choose the nismo exhaust ,this is just my opinion

Peace369out

Neutrino
12-25-2003, 04:44 AM
in the borla exaust gives you more power i would take that...350z is a sports car and the most important thing for it is performance

rizzspeed
12-25-2003, 10:46 PM
I won't believe the hp figures until I see independent dyno results. I've seen too many 350's lose hp on aftermarket exhausts and I'd be more prone to believe Nissan over an aftermarket company.

rizzspeed
12-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Oh I forgot to mention that I love the new Nismo rims by Rays Engineering. Just too bad that they're SO damn expensive.
If they were less expensive, I'd buy them for my Z!

Zblue70
12-29-2003, 11:01 AM
I've had a few friends who have used Borla exhausts on their Cobra's and they sounded and performed great. But that could be different on a Z. If the added performance numbers are close to being accurate, I'll probably end up buying the Borla system. It still has a pretty deep sound and will give my Z a little more HP. Thanks rizzspeed for your information and videos.,

Zblue70
12-30-2003, 11:51 AM
I meant to say thanks to 369 for the videos and rizzspeed for the information.

Add your comment to this topic!