Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting Problems

BREAKFAST
12-23-2003, 04:13 AM
YO!

I OWN A 93 TEG WITH 90K ON THE CLOCK. I HAD STARTING PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR. I HEARING THE STARTER TURN OVER BUT IT'S LIKE THE ENGINE BARELY WANTS TO TURN OVER. SO THE WHIP IS DOWN FOR TWO DAYS. CONTEMPALTING TO TAKE TO A SHOP TO GET IT LOOK AT. I HAD TWO INDEPENDANT MECHANICS LOOK AT THE CAR TELLING ME IT'S THE FUEL PUMP OR ELECTRICAL. THEY WANTED TO HORSE f@#K ME FOR $450. I CALLED UP THE GURU OF CAR MECHANICS. HE CAME AN IN FIVE MINUTES THE CARS WAS RUNNING. AN I DIDN'T HAVE TO SHELL OUT A DIME. WHAT WENT WRONG WAS THE VALES IN THE HEAD WERE STUCK OPEN SO HE TOOK OUT THE WIRES AND THE PLUGS. HE PUT A LITTLE MYSTERY OIL DOWN THE SPAK PLUG HOLE, REINSTALLED THE PLUGS AND WIRES. FIRED THE bYTCH UP ON THE 2ND CYCLE. IF MYSTERY OIL DOESN'T WORK USE CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL USE THREE OIL CAP FULL PORTIONS FOR EACH CYCLINDER. YOU WILL GET SOME COME OIL SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE EXAUST FOR A WHILE TILL YOU DRIVE IT OFF!
NO COMPRESSION SOLUTION.!

jajdiver
01-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Is it still running fine?
I've got a 93 as well - same boat.

YO!

I OWN A 93 TEG WITH 90K ON THE CLOCK. I HAD STARTING PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR. I HEARING THE STARTER TURN OVER BUT IT'S LIKE THE ENGINE BARELY WANTS TO TURN OVER. SO THE WHIP IS DOWN FOR TWO DAYS. CONTEMPALTING TO TAKE TO A SHOP TO GET IT LOOK AT. I HAD TWO INDEPENDANT MECHANICS LOOK AT THE CAR TELLING ME IT'S THE FUEL PUMP OR ELECTRICAL. THEY WANTED TO HORSE f@#K ME FOR $450. I CALLED UP THE GURU OF CAR MECHANICS. HE CAME AN IN FIVE MINUTES THE CARS WAS RUNNING. AN I DIDN'T HAVE TO SHELL OUT A DIME. WHAT WENT WRONG WAS THE VALES IN THE HEAD WERE STUCK OPEN SO HE TOOK OUT THE WIRES AND THE PLUGS. HE PUT A LITTLE MYSTERY OIL DOWN THE SPAK PLUG HOLE, REINSTALLED THE PLUGS AND WIRES. FIRED THE bYTCH UP ON THE 2ND CYCLE. IF MYSTERY OIL DOESN'T WORK USE CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL USE THREE OIL CAP FULL PORTIONS FOR EACH CYCLINDER. YOU WILL GET SOME COME OIL SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE EXAUST FOR A WHILE TILL YOU DRIVE IT OFF!
NO COMPRESSION SOLUTION.!

tran_nsx
01-08-2004, 01:10 AM
hhmm...interesting. i installed some ngk's irridiums and msd wires about month and a half ago and for some reason, on occasion my car will not start, i, thinking it might be the starter or the eletrical system but haven't had a chance to further looking into it yet. this gives me an added solution just in case, well i might try this out first since it sounds simple and i don't have to do any detail probing in my engine bay. oh yes how is the car running? im kinda weary of adding oil in the plug hole.

whtteg
01-08-2004, 04:31 PM
If your valves were stuck open then you need to do a rebuild ASAP! That means that either your valve guides are messed up or that the valve springs are getting too weak or are broken. It sounds more like the guides to me. You really need to find out exactly what the pronblem was so that you can correct it porperly.

P.S also try turning the caps off when you post.

alfaflight
01-12-2004, 01:29 PM
I have a 96 civic with a 96 integra GSR engine swap and the engine is doing similar things... it only does it once in a while but when it does do it, it takes a while for it to crank up... i have to keep turning it off then trying again... i usually have to hold the starter on for a while also. the engine sounds like it is turning but it doesn't start. i'm not sure if it's getting worse or more frequent but these incidents don't happen all the time... it's only once in a while... any suggestions on what could be wrong??? i do have AEM adjustable cam gears. could that be affecting it?? any help would be appreciated

Add your comment to this topic!