Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi wheels on a Tamiya car?

G-Forces
12-19-2001, 10:22 AM
I snapped the pin on one of the wheel of my Tamiya RX-7. Also my buddy bought me a Fujimi ITR Mugen. I noticed the wheels on the ITR have a hole while the Tamiya wheels have a pin. Are all Fujimi wheels like this? How would I fit some Fujimi wheels on Tamiya car?

awaken1973
12-19-2001, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't say about all Fujimis but 2 my kits (Enthusiast serie) have very different wheel attachment mechanism: metallic bolts screwed thru the wheels to wheel hub
as for broken pin I glued it and than attached carefully

G-Forces
12-19-2001, 11:32 AM
I attached it back on too but it broke again. The break is right at the point the pin sit at teh brake rotor.

I think I'll put a brass pin in for more strength.

My original question still applies.

Guiddy
12-19-2001, 01:04 PM
Warren is the best man to ask!
I would put a rubber bush into the hole, and then super glue a pin into it.
The Fujimi enthusiast kits have a much different system, so that won't help!

primera man
12-21-2001, 05:25 PM
I make up small bushes that fit inside the hole so that it is one sold round piece. This way it gives you plenty of area to glue.
Glue the bush inside the rim.
Then glue the rim to the brake disc using superglue.
The only thing you have to be careful of is getting the offset and camber correct.Takes a bit of mucking around getting right.

For the Tamiya one where you have broken the pin.......on some rims you can drill a small hole though the rim and use a small round piece glued into place and cut to length. Then fill the rim at the front with a small bit of putty and try and shape it back to what it looked like before you begain.

Add your comment to this topic!