Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help with service engine light and srs

mrcarauto
12-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Can anyone help me how to reset the service light for a S80 and also on my S80 right hand side dash broad didn't have a SRS light on but on the left hand side of my dash board which stated "SRS- Airbag Service Urgent".....................Please help!!!!!!!!

tubbyskid
12-31-2003, 09:57 AM
Turn ignition position 1
Press and hold the odometer reset button
Turn ignition to position 2 (continue to hold odometer reset button)
After the Service Light flashes, release the reset button.
Tip: Do not wait for the light to stop flashing. Release the reset button within 5 seconds from the beginning of flashing. this should reset the service light. you must be in t1 for the reset to work it will not reset in t2 mode. good luck. tubbyskid

bobbydm
03-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Didnt work for me but may for somebody else you can try

S80T6
08-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Just checking out the forum and saw the post for the service engine light. I went to the car and followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. Thanks

geekasaurus_rex
11-15-2004, 09:15 PM
http://www.gendan.co.uk/diagnostic/service.shtml#volvo_s80

Volvo 1998 - S80 Models

* Turn ignition switch to position 1
* Press and hold the odometer reset button
* Turn ignition switch to position 2
* Wait until service light blinks and then release odometer button

Volvo 1999-2000 - S80 Models

* Turn ignition switch to position 1
* Press and hold "day counter reset button"
* Turn ignition switch to position 2
* Continue holding day counter for approx. 10 seconds
* After SRL flashes, release day counter button
* Should hear "beep-beep" to confirm command accepted

Not 100% sure what the "day counter reset button" is, but I think that it is the Trip Odometer Reset button (per the manual.)

Work for anyone? Has not (yet!) worked for me... just got a 2000 S80, and very excited about it, save that my wife freaks when she sees the SRS -- URGENT!!! message.

All that I get is a "26" in the left message window, and the URGENT!!! message still shows up, as well as the red LED "airbag problem" light on the right.

Your thoughts?
--

wwjd? jwrtfm!

rowleymotorcars
02-01-2005, 11:15 PM
In order to shut off the light SRS Airbag Service Urgent. You must change the battery first. The vehicle has low voltage and it will not deploy in case of an accident. Therefore, you must change the battery first then follow the steps on the post below. That's how I was told by the VOLVO Dealership.

viceversa
04-13-2005, 02:25 PM
just like to thank you for this information,have a 2002 s80 t5.followed your instructions and the service light went out,second time lucky as first time held the button down too long,regards and thanks.

javster
04-24-2005, 07:18 AM
In order to shut off the light SRS Airbag Service Urgent. You must change the battery first. The vehicle has low voltage and it will not deploy in case of an accident. Therefore, you must change the battery first then follow the steps on the post below. That's how I was told by the VOLVO Dealership.

I to have just got the srs service urget msg, I like 'geekasaurus_rex'. I done the above to reset the service lights and end up with is the number '26' in the left msg area followed by the URGENT msg with the red light airbad icon on the right which stays on all the time.

I replaced the battery and I still get the same problem and i've also tried a few times doing the reset method again but still the msg comes up and light is still on?

Is there something else I need to be doing? and what does that '26' mean?

Any help would be very greatful

99S8029
09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
On my '99 S80 this procedure would not work unless "T1" was set/rest to "0". I am not sure if this was implied in the post as it says Press and hold "day counter reset button"; However, I have seen some others "frustrated" over this so I though I would mention it for newbies like me

I am sure this is well-known among the guru's here, right :)

I have verified this - put some miles on it, again it would not reset unless "T1 = 0"
:screwy:
~M

Add your comment to this topic!