Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Install Headunit in 5th Gen Civic

Racing Rice
12-19-2001, 08:59 AM
I got my girlfriend a CD player for her 95 Civic for Christmas, does anyone have or know where there are procedures for removing/reinstalling The headunit. Ive done a ton of radios in the past so I know what Im doing.. Im just trying to save my self some time when I go to do it.

xivera
12-20-2001, 05:56 PM
Sorry dude, I'm not familiar with that Civic. Drop in the Civic forum for details.

servo411
12-23-2001, 11:08 PM
it's fairly simple, i'll try to explain it as best as to my ability. ok here goes, there should be two screws on the sides of the center console where the ashtray is take those out, then take out the ashtray and theres a screw in the back of there. there are two screws right under the edge of the radio also you probaly be able to see them. the center piece that has the ashtray should be loose now so just pull on it, it might be held on with some clips or snaps. after you get that out look under the radio for two silvery screws, take those off and youshould be able to slide the radio out and unplug the harnesses and antenna. just don't cut of the factory radio plugs, get the plugs from a car stereo store for the car. i hope this helps and good luck and just take your time.

servo411
12-23-2001, 11:09 PM
sorry about the last part, i did'nt read the whole thing and just saw the part about taking the car apart

fahadqureshi
08-11-2003, 09:28 AM
hello guys i desperately need ur help in installling a pioneer deh0-p5500mp mp3 player on my 98 civic lx

if you have a diagram that will be great or even explanation will be fine too please reply fast as possible

thanks

Add your comment to this topic!