Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

doing new stereo

Jetts
12-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Well i got the bass craving out of my system
my new truck is going to be surround sound style with amazing sound quality

it is going in a 88-95 isuzu pickup standard cab
the source unit will be a panasonic dvd/cd 7" widescreen
i want infinity kappa 6 3/4 components with an amp maybe?
and then infinity kappa perfect speakers where ever their is speakers in the truck
what are mids??
cause i want some mids

bret

ac427cpe
12-21-2003, 12:44 PM
that sounds like it will be awesome... keep us updated.

Haibane
12-21-2003, 12:55 PM
I'd get some CDT audio comps with 2 4 channel amps
1 channel tweeters, one for mids

TheNotoriousMogg
12-21-2003, 01:26 PM
fuck infinity I like MTX :D

Jetts
12-21-2003, 01:29 PM
I'd get some CDT audio comps with 2 4 channel amps
1 channel tweeters, one for mids

more info
links?
what amps should i use?

Haibane
12-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Mogg shows is sad face in the audio section, he must be bored.
Here are the CDTs http://thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Components.html
Here are the amps http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/axa_4402.htm

Honestly I am a bit vague on the whole idea of seperate powering the comps tweets and mids, but I have heard from many of the higher respecte enthusiasts I talk to it is great sound stage and quality.

Jetts
12-21-2003, 02:47 PM
mogg is here cause i sent him a link
lol
let me look at these stuff

Jetts
12-21-2003, 03:16 PM
should i get the....
classics, euro frame, pro. or eurosport
and damn these buggers are pricy

Haibane
12-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Any of them are good, but remember they go up in quality and volume with cost

sr20de4evr
12-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Mogg shows is sad face in the audio section, he must be bored.
Here are the CDTs http://thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Components.html
Here are the amps http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/axa_4402.htm

Honestly I am a bit vague on the whole idea of seperate powering the comps tweets and mids, but I have heard from many of the higher respecte enthusiasts I talk to it is great sound stage and quality.

bi-amping gives you more flexibility with the crossovers and separate powering (adjusting the gain on the tweets and mids separately), that's it. It also can't be done unless your crossovers can actually go up high enough (2-3000Hz), which the Avionixx amps cannot.

Screw the rear speakers, the Infinities, and the bi-amping. Get a single set of components, a nice 2 channel amp, and use the crossovers that come with the component set.

Haibane
12-22-2003, 12:34 PM
But he wants surround sound, not front stage

Jetts
12-22-2003, 01:14 PM
bi-amping gives you more flexibility with the crossovers and separate powering (adjusting the gain on the tweets and mids separately), that's it. It also can't be done unless your crossovers can actually go up high enough (2-3000Hz), which the Avionixx amps cannot.

Screw the rear speakers, the Infinities, and the bi-amping. Get a single set of components, a nice 2 channel amp, and use the crossovers that come with the component set.

so what components do you recommend
will the on components be enough?
i know it is a little truck but i would really like surround sound style but if the single components will be just as good or better im happy with that

sr20de4evr
12-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Well "surround sound" and "amazing sound quality" are pretty much opposites. If you want amazing sound quality ditch the rears, any decent component set will get loud enough to easily fill up the entire cab as long as you're feeding them some good power. Even in the back seat, my Focals get loud enough to hurt while still retaining great quality. What is your budget?

Jetts
12-23-2003, 12:16 AM
dont really have a budget yet
trying to sell my old setup to buy this new one
going to try and have 900 from my subs and amps and 325 from the two decks i got
and i can get shit for cheaper then retail too so
probally like 1500 bucks or less

i think i will just go the dvd/cd 7" widescreen source unit
and a nice set of components and an amp

Haibane
12-23-2003, 08:53 AM
I was going to say if you have 1500 then I read the dvd thing... If you had 1500 I would get the top of the line boston acoustic comps and an amp, but... you don't

Haibane
12-23-2003, 08:55 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3066230206&category=18799
and amp, I don't know what to get there

PaulD
12-23-2003, 05:53 PM
using an active crossover and seperate amp channels for the mid and tweeter sounds better then the passive crossover and single amp channel with very few exceptions. Coaxial speakers are typically of lower quality than seperates.

The problem with putting rear speakers in a small interior (normal cab or 2 seater car) is that the rear speakers are often closer to you than the fronts ....... causing all kinds of problems. Furthermore, VERY little software (CD's) is encoded for anything but 2 channel stereo - making 5.1 and dolbly surround kinda pointless right now in the car.

Add your comment to this topic!