Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

assembling the chassis and shell?!

Sebstar
12-21-2003, 04:23 AM
Hey folks. Just wondering because i'll be glueing the shell to the body tomorrow, but not quite sure on how to. I don't have any pics so please bare with me. Anyway when you put the shell over the chassis, turn the car around and you will see the shell parts getting quite close to the chassis. Do you glue these parts onto the chassis or what do you do with them!?!?! Im really sorry about not having pics (hopefully tomorrow, dad is coming with a camera, wee).

Hm, just found a pic that explains it (thanks MR-2RaCeR ). I marked in the parts that I wasn't too sure about what to do with... Anyone have any advice? (ps this might be different with new models but im building an rx7 and gt-four atm and they are pretty old kits...)

http://www.suckmystifter.com/pics/PC180022.jpg

SonyMobile
12-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Personally I dont glue my bodies to my chassis, for most kits, it will snap into place and stay snug, or for most curside kits, there are 2 mounting points on each body, somthing that will clip/slip/hook into place at the front, and a couple posts or slots that will slid in, in the rear, i will sometimes glue these points, but i find when you glue along the sides like you have shown in the picture, if you arent careful, you might end up with glue all along the edges of your body/chassis, and it doesnt look to good, or if you are extremely messy, you might end up with glue dripping down and onto the inside of your windows.

EMAXX
12-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I don't glue my bodies down like that either. I personally think it's kind of dumb. It just gets really messy, and if you need to change something, you can't.

Add your comment to this topic!