Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

C-230/320 Coupe

Steinman101
12-20-2003, 07:08 PM
just wondering what people know about this car. faults/plus's? anyone now how well it can handle snow?

MB tech
12-21-2003, 09:00 PM
So far the most major problem we've seen so far are climate control stepper motors stripping out or the rod breaking because they are plastic. Which involves taking out the dash to replace them but as for now should be covered under warrenty. As for a drivers point of view the car handles good and feels like a Benz on the road. The 230 is a little more noisy than the 320 due to kompressor whine. The main diffrience you'll notice between the 230k and 320 are the climate control on the 320 offers more accurate cabin control. Also we have a lot of front sway bar links and bushings making noise around 20k. As far as the car handling in the snow i would recommend the 320 4matic if you plan to use it in heavy snow otherwise nothing snowtires and a little weight can't handle. Also they go through taillight bulbs fairly quickly but as long as you have one or two on hand (recommend MB bulbs because some aftermarket may not work) you should be fine. Other than that people seem to enjoy the car. Hope this helps if i think of anything else i'll post it.

Add your comment to this topic!