Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tamiya extra thin cement

D[X]P
12-20-2003, 06:53 PM
What is the difference between it and the normal cement?

would it be just as good for gluing the whole model together as the normal cement?

David_
12-20-2003, 09:45 PM
by the sound of it.. i'd say its just more wasteless, tho it might not bond as strong....

and i think it should hold the whole model.

D[X]P
12-21-2003, 12:32 AM
DOES anyone know any site where there is cheap tamiya cement with shipping below $3

i really dont wanan buy a 3 dollar cement and paly for 5 or more for shipping

no hobbie shops in my area have any tamiya glue..

everyone is out.... :mad:

does anyone wnaa sell me some? or tell me some sites with cheap shipping that hold it?

hirofkd
12-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Where do you live? (Filling out the user profile helps)
You can find one of those plastic welders at an art supply store like Hobby Lobby and Micheals, and they're just as good as Tamiya one.

D[X]P
12-21-2003, 12:49 AM
i live in Fremont Cali9san francisco bay area)

so what else is out there that is as good as tamiya cement??

D[X]P
12-21-2003, 02:56 AM
no one knows?

David_
12-21-2003, 06:15 AM
revell welding glue is my only glue....

Sebstar
12-21-2003, 06:27 AM
i got one of those revell glues with the really thing needle... i also have the tamiya... both are good, and i use the revell when i have to glue small parts or be careful with applying the glue...

D[X]P
12-21-2003, 11:34 AM
so does it work just as good as the tamiya?

right now im using testors but i dont think its as good...

scaleracecars
12-21-2003, 12:49 PM
P']DOES anyone know any site where there is cheap tamiya cement with shipping below $3

i really dont wanan buy a 3 dollar cement and paly for 5 or more for shipping

no hobbie shops in my area have any tamiya glue..

everyone is out.... :mad:

does anyone wnaa sell me some? or tell me some sites with cheap shipping that hold it?
You might want to try http://www.scaleracecars.com

David

Sebstar
12-21-2003, 08:24 PM
yeh, i think its just as good as tamiyas... it does the same thing (ie. melt both plastics together)...

D[X]P
12-22-2003, 03:09 PM
umm...do you think ou can post a pic of how it looks please?

thanks

VnnyDaPooh
12-22-2003, 03:53 PM
P']What is the difference between it and the normal cement?

Tamiya thin cement is more like an activating agent rather than a cememnt glue. It actually melts a thin layer of plastic rather than it being a glue compund like other cements. So in most cases, the cement is the layer that holds two plastic parts togethor. Tamiya cement melts the plastic so that when you put two pieces of plastic togethor, it's the melted plastic on melted plastic which holds the two peices togethor.

Atleast this is what i think happens from using this stuff. I could be wrong.

D[X]P
12-22-2003, 04:06 PM
yes i think that is pretty much correct

skylinehks
12-22-2003, 04:25 PM
if you are in the SF area in the bay, goto SUN ENTERTAINMENT, they got everything there from Tamiya

722 SACRAMENTO ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
FAX: 415-986-6797

its cross street is Kearny St. Best modelling supply store in all of the Bay Area in the experties of Japanese model cars and gundams. Tell them Peter Sent you and see if you get a percentage off, ask for Ken, he is the store owner.

Best Regards and Merry Xmas

BTW THin cement is good for inbetwen cracks and stuff like that, just like water, it outlines the cracks, testors glue sucks compared to this tamiya stuff. Get this stuff, it is worth it and the results are comparibly better and more effiecnt in dry time and handling.

D[X]P
12-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Thanks a lot man and Merry Xmas to you and everyone on this board

i will check it out next time i go to san francisco but for now i went to a lhc that my friend goes to and found both the thin and the regular tamiya cement so i bought both lots of styrene

again thanks everyone who replied but now im good and i have both

i will check out that store.....maybe i even ordered online form it before..not sure tho

thanks again :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!