Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heat Coming In From A/C Vents

integra818
12-18-2003, 01:58 PM
I feel like my heater is always on because heat comes in from the A/C vents. I'm guessing this is heat from the firewall. It's not the heater, I know for sure...when I stop the car, the air stops blowing. I don't really mind this because I get to have my 'heater' on in the winter without losing HP :).

Does this happen to anyone else?

Spectre927
12-18-2003, 03:08 PM
yeah, it happens to me, I just set it on the front window defrost so all the air goes up. The faster you go the more comes in, or you can slide it to cool and it wont be as bad. Or you can press in the recycle button, but since it is winter I just leave it.

ny_ls_turbo
12-18-2003, 04:25 PM
turn ur heat off...............just kdding, at least ur car puts heat out

QuakeWork120
12-20-2003, 08:52 PM
...I don't really mind this because I get to have my 'heater' on in the winter without losing HP :).

Does this happen to anyone else?

Having your heater on doesn't cause any HP loss. It doesn't use the AC compressor(unless you have the AC button depressed).

Spectre927
12-21-2003, 03:35 PM
If anything its better for our car( not completely sure) but when we tow stuff up the mountains if the cr looks like its getting hot, we just turn on the heater a little and it cools the engine off a bit.

Doubletap
12-21-2003, 05:45 PM
It will be a little better for the car becuase that heat has to be coming from somewhere and in this case it would be coming from inside the engine bay (or at least defusing out of it via the fire wall). In theory this is cooling off your underhood temps letting things run cooler (read=better). This effect would be magnified if the heater blower were actually on and actrively pulling hot air out of the engine bay.

DoubleTap

integra111
12-31-2003, 03:50 PM
just turn the temp knob. if its on the red or heat it will let hot air in. put it to the blue or cold if you dont want the heat to come in.

Add your comment to this topic!