Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

this pro needs advice

joshey
12-17-2003, 05:36 PM
pardon me :screwy: but i have a question that needs opinions or facts.

i think i know what it is, but want to make sure. :eek7:

when i have the car running with the hood open and crack the butterfly open more then 1/4 way when i let go i hear this light tapping for 1 sec. correct me if i am wrong but is this the hydralic lifters re-compressing???

input would be appreated.

(sorry for the spelling :loser: )

btw
90 buick lesabre :banghead:

joshey
12-18-2003, 02:17 PM
also i checked valve lash to no advail i am not quite sure how the hydralics function but it does sound lower in the engine

RABarrett
12-19-2003, 08:25 AM
It is possible for the nois e to be the result of carbon deposits in the combustion chambers. You might try GM top cylinder cleaner. Is your driving basically slow stop and go or short trips? You might try different fuels as well. It can be eye-opening. Ray

joshey
12-20-2003, 07:54 PM
i used seafoam to clean the engine, as far as fuel i have tried 87-94 and 94 with 3 octaine boosters (for nos use) i was hoping that this was just a normal sound but i was looking for someone that also has a good ear and a buick so i could feel beter. its not loud or clear i hear the injector click, powersteering pump, and intake suction. and a fast tttttlllmmm after revving up the engine and letting go any other ideas?

buickmastermind
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
I use Risoline. cheap, easy, very effective. As for the noise after revving, sounds like a muffler rattle but isn't, I think that is normal. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Add your comment to this topic!