Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

revell v.s fujimi

m.c model master m
12-17-2003, 04:44 PM
wats beter revell or fujimi

Zcaithaca
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
revell 4 their engines

David_
12-18-2003, 03:49 AM
from what i've seen, fujimi are better for jap cars, haven't seen many revell jap cars....

Purpura Delujo
12-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Fujimi can suck my balls.

will69camaro
12-18-2003, 04:01 AM
It all depends on the model. I personally think some revells are really nice but others are quite bad. So far i've had good luck with tamiya as well with the models i have chosen.

William

David_
12-18-2003, 04:14 AM
from everything i've heard, tamiya make best qual but least options (no specials, only stocks)

fujimi make really good jap spec cars

and revel... they make american cars and glue

(i've only ever built tamiya hehe)

exhaust smoke
12-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Tamiya are modelling Gods!

I like Fujimi for their body shells, which are pretty spot on most of the time. However, their interior and chassis details are very basic at times (kit dependant).

Revell quality tends to be poorer (i.e. thin plastic and bad fitment), however, they do have engines now and then.

Jonno
12-18-2003, 06:36 AM
wats beter revell or fujimi

Which kits? I am sure the Fujimi enthusiest kits are much better than most revell models, but fujimi has poor kits which aren't as good as Revells.

ZoomZoomMX-5
12-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Your question can't be answered in a simple, easy sentence.

Fujimi makes a lot of modern curbside kits of Japanese cars. Some are quite good, most have basic flaws that can be dealt with, and a few have some really serious flaws which require skill to deal with. Their level of interior/chassis detail is pretty crude more often than not. Of their latest kits I've gotten, their Subaru STi is pretty poor, the body isn't correct (trunk lid), the interior is a poor joke updated from an older 2 door kit, the rims are wrong and small. The RX-8 looks decent, but the entire front end of the car is a bit off, so it just doesn't look exactly right. The seats are a joke. The chassis detail is minimal. But everything fits. The NSX is very good looking, though I haven't built it. Better details on it than the others. My RX-7 looks good, but the rear spoiler is almost 30% too large.

Revell takes a lot more care/skill designing a model. Revell USA, that is. Revell AG has a different approach. So while Revell USA kits are generally of good design/build/details, Revell AG (Revell Germany) kits can be pretty crude in a Fujimi-esque kind of way. The Mini Cooper is a good example, crude kit that looks good when built well. Enzo is amazing. Modena pretty bad in some respects. Their Integras, Civics, Camaros, Corvettes are all very nice models. Well detailed, fully-detailed. Something Fujimi cannot do, for twice the price (or more).

EMAXX
12-18-2003, 07:52 AM
I personally like Revell better. They have engines, and they make a lot of the cars that I want to build.

sugarcaddy
12-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Revell has my money. And I dont think SAS is making any transkits for Fujimi kits, so I rest my case.
I like the way Revell is heading, sure they dont have a lot of import cars, but they are making headway and all their cars have something that even most Tamiya kits dont have-an engine!

Scott

Honoturtle
12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
I prefer Revell models. If you take a look at Fujimi's Civic and Integra, the interior door panels is a real bad presentation of the real thing. Their suspension, chassis are all simplified and poorly done.

Take a look at their AE86 Levin/Trueno, interior is pretty damn awesome! Detail is done to the dash, door panels, etc. But then we move down to the suspension and chassis which really sucks, bad. The chassis is pretty much "flat," assemblying the stock kit suspension pieces are quite bad since the pivot point for the cars steering is too far in.

As for Revell, they always have fitment problems here and there and require more work. But if you think about it, building Revell cars will save you money and put more hours into your model than some Tamiya/Fujimi models. First off, you'll spend more time assembling/painting more parts. Parts prep will take longer because of all the flash. My point is, it takes longer to build. Number two, the kits are much cheaper.

You guys can put all these companies down all you like, but I still like both.

Add your comment to this topic!