Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 S-10 Blazer tail light plug (where)???

jbutkovic
12-16-2003, 09:40 PM
I have a 1994 S-10 Blazer and I can't find the tail light plug (juction) to hook up a wiring harness for a hitch. Can anyone tell me where the heck it is?? Thanks for any help! :screwy:

jbutkovic
12-20-2003, 09:53 PM
:feedback:

gnfreak
12-21-2003, 01:50 AM
i just put a wiring kit on my 97 and the connector was on the left (drivers) side frame rail where the bumper hooks on. the connector i had was a 4 prong plug, not sure on your 94. keith

jbutkovic
12-21-2003, 08:36 AM
Thanks Keith.......I have looked eveywhere and can't seem to find it. I will look there again and see what I come up with. My connector should be the same, at least it sounds like it anyway. Thanks again.

Joe

jbutkovic
12-22-2003, 08:59 PM
OK, still no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Joe

gnfreak
12-22-2003, 10:32 PM
joe, i have a buddy with a 97 bravada. i will try to look at his truck in the next couple of days and see where his plug is located. i misunderstood the original post. i have a pickup not a blazer. i thought it would be be in the same place, sorry. we traded off a 96 blazer about 2 months ago. i know i put the kit on it but that was in '96. i'll let ya know, keith

bigblackone
12-23-2003, 07:38 PM
I have a 94 s10 p/u and it was under the drivers side rear ... should be real easy to find if you trace the wiring from the taillight back

jbutkovic
01-01-2004, 06:06 PM
still no luck. Someone has to have put a hitch on one of these.

bigblackone
01-01-2004, 06:14 PM
have you tried tracing from the taillight back?

jdailey
01-11-2004, 07:22 AM
I have a 95 S10 , there is no plug to plug a harness into on my 95, so there probably isn't one on your 94 either.

bigblackone
01-11-2004, 02:36 PM
I have a 94 S10 ... mine is plug n play ... in front of the drivers taillight underneath the truck there is a plug I unplugged and put the taillight harness in.

gnfreak
01-18-2004, 03:06 AM
check your rpo sticker to see what option you have.
either U89 (5 wire) or UY7 (7 wire)
if i could post a pic here i would show ya the 3 pictures that come with the description below. option U89 on the pickup, U89 on a sport utility, and UY7 on a sport utility

There are two trailer harnesses available. Option U89 is a five-wire trailer harness with provisions for stop, tail, and turn signal lamps, and an auxiliary circuit. Option UY7 trailer harness is similar but has additional wires for backup lamps and a 30-amp fused power feed.

Option U89
Option U89 uses a single harness with five wires. It has both male and female connectors included to connect the rear lamps harness with the trailer harness. The trailer harness terminates in bare wires to allow a matching trailer connector to be attached. These wires are insulated with tape from the factory and must be wired by a trained service technician.

The functions of the five wires are:

Dark Blue-An auxiliary circuit.
Dark Green-Right turn signal and stop lamp.
Yellow-Left turn signal and stop lamp.
Brown-Tail and license plate lamps.
White-Ground.

The trailer harness is spliced from the rear lamp harness for the stop, tail, backup, and turn signal lamps and ground. The harness is located at the rear of the left frame rail, and is bound with a plastic strap on all pickup models. On utility models, the harness is located on the rear bumper crossmember. For option U89, the harness is taped off on the left hand side.

Option UY7
Option UY7 uses a seven-wire harness and has a unique power feed circuit. With this option, the power feed circuit originates at the engine compartment junction block that mounts to the left fender. The power feed wire has an in-line fuse for ease of service, and is strapped to the rear lamp harness. It routes down the inner fender and along the frame rail to the rear lamps.

This option does not include a connector at the end of the harness. It must be wired after production by a trained service technician.

The seven wires included in the harness are:

Red-30-amp fused battery feed.
Dark Blue-An auxiliary circuit.
Brown-Tail and license plate lamps.
Light Green-Backup lamps.
Dark Green-Right turn signal and stop lamp.
Yellow-Left turn signal and stop lamp.
White-Ground.
Trailer Harness (Utility, Option UY7)

For option UY7, the harness is taped off on the right hand side. Attach the wiring to the trailer, and then strap it to the vehicle frame rail in such a way that enough slack is left in the harness to prevent bending, binding, or breakage of the wiring. Do not allow the harness to be so loose that it drags on the ground. Tape or strap the trailer portion of the harness (if used) to the tongue of the trailer.

When the harness is not being used, wrap it together and bind it with a tie strap to keep it from being damaged Store the harness behind the rear bumper on the left hand frame rail with a band or tie strap.

Add your comment to this topic!