Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TFATF Supra *I HATE IT*

ImportBuilder
12-16-2003, 09:13 PM
WHY, O Y, DID I EVER BUYT THIS D*** KIT!!?? let us outline all the rice on this kit:
Chrome N20 tanks (not really rice, but 2 showy 4 me)
FULL chrome engine (not full, but close)
stupid grafix (who cares, i wont use em)
retarded "custom" sub enclosure
and, lastly, the QUALITY. sum ppl dont equate this 2 rice, but look @ most ricers out there...CRAPPY QUALITY of the products/services/jobs done 2 their car(s). that sounds just like this kit.......

u cant even "de-rice" the interior, w/o major work....does ne 1 know what i should if i dont want those subs/amps? im thinking of just going for a drag car...i can redo the interior with styrene if i go that route...will ne other Supra interiors fit? if so, ne1 have 1 hey wanna part with?

dag65
12-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Okay so explain RICE to me. Since my wife is half Japanese this term is beginning to offend me. :mad:

Michael Schumacher
12-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Okay so explain RICE to me. Since my wife is half Japanese this term is beginning to offend me. :mad:

Haha, it has nothing to do with the Japanese or any other asian for that matter. It just a car e.g. Honda with a full body kit, huge muffler tip, and other stupid things like that when it has a stock engine, owned by some stupid kid that thinks he can beat any car on the road. Thats the kind of car I call rice.

ImportBuilder
12-16-2003, 10:17 PM
o, im sorry Dag...i understand what u mean, a freind of mine is Japanese, and it so happens he IS a ricer, so 4 awhile he thought it was racial...NE way, Rice is just a tacky, or offensively ugly P.O.S. Asian car. A Mullet (SP?) is the same thing, but an American car.

rrrage
12-16-2003, 10:18 PM
my understanding of rice is when looks exceeds go.

bigass gt wing on a small honda (no offence to honda ppl) or something similar.
bigass gt wing on a car which actually needs the downforce.

^^^same product on dif kinds of cars. guess which is rice

ImportBuilder
12-16-2003, 10:18 PM
http://www.riceboypage.com/
THIS IS THE WORLDS LARGEST RICE COLLECTION. good 4 a laugh once in awhile...

pre98zetec
12-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Okay so explain RICE to me. Since my wife is half Japanese this term is beginning to offend me. :mad:1.A cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.
2.The starchy grain of this plant, used as a staple food throughout the world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

And ImportBuilder, If you don't like the car, just say that you dont like it, Dont go calling it 'rice' Like tonio said, He dont want to hear that again. I think you should follow that

dag65
12-16-2003, 10:22 PM
o, im sorry Dag...i understand what u mean, a freind of mine is Japanese, and it so happens he IS a ricer, so 4 awhile he thought it was racial...NE way, Rice is just a tacky, or offensively ugly P.O.S. Asian car. A Mullet (SP?) is the same thing, but an American car.

Gotcha , those are the Dumb Asses I grin at as I blast em in my Suped up Golf, like to leave em wondering who that " old man" was?
BTW a Mullett is also that tacky hair cut , long in the back short in front, schlong , hockey hair, " THe haircut of the gods " :lol: :lol: :lol:

dag65
12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
1.A cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.
2.The starchy grain of this plant, used as a staple food throughout the world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

And ImportBuilder, If you don't like the car, just say that you dont like it, Dont go calling it 'rice' Like tonio said, He dont want to hear that again. I think you should follow that

I like that attitude

willimo
12-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Honestly I can see how that term can be offensive, and I'm sure there are people here who are not pleased when it is thrown around so much. There must be some other way to express your sentiment. I just usually call a car "tacky" or "cheap" or just plain "crap."

ShOrtyOC714
12-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Rice to me would be;

Bunch of bodywork
No engine work
Bunch of decals, graphics, stickers
Chrome rims, ugly ones
CARS THAT "TRY" TO LOOK FAST, BUT ARE JUST GAY!:nono:

your best bet man, would be styrene cards, or cutting the rear part of ur interior out and using sheet styrene and filling it up. Good luck. :smile:

pre98zetec
12-16-2003, 11:41 PM
This thread was not made for people to describe the meaning of 'rice', Let this thread go before it turn's into a flame war. He made it to say how crapy the F&F Supra is.. NOT for people to make senseless post about what they think 'rice' is..

Josh :disappoin

dag65
12-17-2003, 12:08 AM
This thread was not made for people to describe the meaning of 'rice', Let this thread go before it turn's into a flame war. He made it to say how crapy the F&F Supra is.. NOT for people to make senseless post about what they think 'rice' is..

Josh :disappoin

I find nothing senseless in discussing a term that some of us find offensive.
What if the term was N*&^@ed out? I am sure that would offend some, or how about a Kraut car?
No flame intended, Rice is a term that does have negative conotations where Asians are concerned and I think it is thrown around way too much. Just my 2 cents, I see others here do agree
again no flame intended, just a little education, its a diverse world

malsheem
12-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Why DID you buy the kit? I think it should be pretty evident what the box was going to contain based on the box photos and the numerous car pics from the movie (body kit, graphics, interior, etc). If you want to build a quality Supra (stock or otherwise), go get the Tamiya Supra kit. I wouldn't bother messing with the AMT kit, unless you are going to build the car from the movie.

dag65
12-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Why DID you buy the kit? I think it should be pretty evident what the box was going to contain based on the box photos and the numerous car pics from the movie (body kit, graphics, interior, etc). If you want to build a quality Supra (stock or otherwise), go get the Tamiya Supra kit. I wouldn't bother messing with the AMT kit, unless you are going to build the car from the movie.

From most coversations I have heard most of the FnF cars are pretty lame

Sebstar
12-17-2003, 12:58 AM
so you are like the 100th person to bitch about this car. don't fkn buy it when there is no positive feedback about it, jesus. the simple mindedness of people...

clem24
12-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Haha, this is a funny thread. I am asian, but I don't really find rice that offensive. I do find those stickered cars with huge exhaust tips and ugly interiors to be offensive though! What's interesting about this though, is that although I find 1:1 cars offensive, I actually really enjoy seeing custom model cars that have been 'riced' up. I think what i enjoy is really the craftsmanship.

Also, I have respect for guys that like to "rice" up their cars, but don't race them, and admit that they aren't fast. I just don't have respect for guys that think they're car is all that or try to race you on the street cause they have a big muffler.

Anyhoo, CSS did a review of those 2F2F cars, and because they've had the crap driven out of them, they are apparently pretty slow and need serious tuning. Also had a lot of fake parts put on them. They said the Supra was pulling 15+sec 1/4s, the Evo7 wasn't any better, and the fastest car there was actually the S2000 (go fig).

So I guess I'll stay away from the AMT kit. What's interesting though, is that I think Aoshima reboxed this crummy kit and called it the Bomex Supra (check out HLJ). They want way more than what AMT charges for it. At least I *think* it's the same kit, cause it's in 1/25 and I know for a fact only American model companies like making 1/24 AND 1/25th.. Sheesh.

clem..

will69camaro
12-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Yea the cars from the movie were pretty poorly tuned. The fastest car that they tested outa the whole group was the "Yenko" (clone) and it ran like a 13.1 or something like that. I happen to know that a stock supra with a good driver can pull those numbers easy.

William

pettercardoso
12-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Haha, it has nothing to do with the Japanese or any other asian for that matter. It just a car e.g. Honda with a full body kit, huge muffler tip, and other stupid things like that when it has a stock engine, owned by some stupid kid that thinks he can beat any car on the road. Thats the kind of car I call rice.

This is one of the things you might see on a ricer:
It's a plain Opel Corsa......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p568e497b5f243d10dedea4667e46248e/fa45b6e5.jpg

......until you have a closer look.....:cwm27:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/peca85ad8cc9cadbab83e9512c8e4401f/fa45b6e2.jpg

Hey, I think I'm not a ricer, this is just for fun. When I'm stuck in traffic, and I take a look on the rearview mirror, people are always laughing...:D

Zturbo
12-18-2003, 06:54 AM
hey I eat rice everydays man!!!
yea those rice boys with big mufler,huge gt-wing and stock engines are just plain stupid and worst of all they drive like 80years-old grandma

Zturbo
12-18-2003, 06:58 AM
all tfatf cars are sooooo ugly excepts the black civic coupe(minus the neon light)they use for robbing the trucks

Add your comment to this topic!