Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Integra GS Engine Swap

Sizemore
12-16-2003, 01:32 AM
I have a '92 Integra GS I'd like to upgrade the engine in, but I've never attempted a project that large. Tried to do some research, but coming up unclear. What engine you guys think I should get? I read the B18C5 will fit with a mount kit of some kind. Also, if you know where I can find a good guide to use while doing it. Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Spectre927
12-16-2003, 03:51 PM
I have a '92 Integra GS I'd like to upgrade the engine in, but I've never attempted a project that large. Tried to do some research, but coming up unclear. What engine you guys think I should get? I read the B18C5 will fit with a mount kit of some kind. Also, if you know where I can find a good guide to use while doing it. Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Put either a b18b or a b16a. both are good. a B18c5 is unnecessary. Get a Helms manual and several of your most mechanical automotive buddies to help. Goodluck, Id personally just have a shop do it... but thats just me... :2cents:

whtteg
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
It is not real hard the hardest thing will be the wiring for VTEC and the knock sensor. I would just swap the cams from your motor to the ones in a B18B1 and get a skunk2 intake manifold or swap a B18B1 mani on there and then boost it. It will be alot faster and the price will be close to the same. My :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!