Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electric cooling fans

Lyle Mertke
12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, anybody have experience wwith replacing clutch fan with electric fans? I tow a 19 ft. TT 4500 lb. loaded in the moutians of BC Canada, with my 98 Durango 5.9lt. 3.92 rear end. It does OK but would like the extra power Better A/c and better fuel economy. Anybody??? :banghead:

CrucialConcepts
12-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Lyle Mertke
I dont see how installing electric fans is going to give you more power?!? It will keep it cooler, but not give you more power.

If you looking for more power and wanting to go the air intake route. I would go with an Aftermarket Hood with a scoop and a K&N Air Filter, but remember what goes in must come out so a new exhuast would be the next route!

But the Cheapest way to gain power would be with a new computer chip. It will change the shift points, Add HP and over all change the way your engine runs.

I had the same truck you have except a 02 so let me know if you need anything. Those truck can be modified in so many ways it really all just depends on how much your willing to spend! I hope this helped!

My 2 Cents.
Rick

whoamioitsme
02-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, anybody have experience wwith replacing clutch fan with electric fans? I tow a 19 ft. TT 4500 lb. loaded in the moutians of BC Canada, with my 98 Durango 5.9lt. 3.92 rear end. It does OK but would like the extra power Better A/c and better fuel economy. Anybody??? :banghead:

Indy Ram did it and it helped him get more power (he use's his for dragracing but still it help with the power )
check his site hear
http://www.rm-indy.com/tech.htm

theFREAKnasty82
02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
An electric cooling fan will not give you that much more power, but it will reduce the amount of frictional horsepower lost due to the fact your motor has a centrifigal fan. Installing an electric fan is efficient and is easy to install.

Add your comment to this topic!