Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

so tell me cali

dbebesi
12-15-2003, 05:15 PM
i'm from northeast ohio, and there is a growing epidemic here that i was wondering if it happens out there. you see a lot of people on this site are from cali, and most you guys have some awesome rides. however, here in ohio it's like people strive to come up with the most worthless pimped out vehicles imaginable. examples: 1. near my house a guy has a 87ish accord, done up like it's the sickest ride to ever be produced (i am NOT dissin accords). it has ground effects, a huge spoiler, exhaust, and some really nice rims. but the drivers door has such a large rust hole in it, you can see the back of the trim panel from 100 feet away. 2. another local has a probe that is insanely fast. (i have a nicely equipped prelude si that runs 14.9's and this probe dusts me bad... really bad) so this car has had serious engine work. yet for the past two years has had ground effects on it that are still not painted or primed, just plain plastic. 3. but i saw this today, and it really pissed me off and is the reason for this post. a car that i have to drive by everyday on my way to work, has absoulutely the nastiest thing i have ever seen. it is a 2003 cavalier, with a WOOD SPOILER. it is almost 3 feet high, and made out of plywood. it is not painted, rounded, or anything. it's just horrifying.

...so i wanna know cali, are there retards out there like this, or is it just the hicks in ohio?

whiteracer
12-15-2003, 05:50 PM
quick answer. It's everywhere. You just have to know where to look. JDM is the new rice around here. Well, not so much rice, but the "must have items". Though i find myself in that genre now as well.

We have one of the largest, if not the, import scenes here. With that comes rides in comparison to what you're describing. I can't type much more cause i'm at work, but i'm sure our friendly Cali mod will go in more depth on this. :sunglasse

Frostbyte
12-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Everyone has a Ricer stage. I went through it and so did Silvery2kcivic hince his nickname ICE. But everyone moves out of that phase as Matt's ride is very clean now. mine has some dents but I don't care because I am not building the car of looks so I could care less. But Ricers are everywhere.

YOUNGSTER
12-18-2003, 04:15 PM
yeah thats what i hear about that ricer stage luckily i havent had mine yet i hope i dont ever hit it either.

Add your comment to this topic!