2000 Astro Van Back doors won't open

sharon_72064
12-15-2003, 01:31 PM
The back cargo doors to our 2000 Astro Van stopped making contact with the electrical system? When the key is inserted, there is no electrical clicking noise as before. Therefore we cannot get the doors open. All our other doors quit working using the remote within 100 miles after the warranty ran out. But at least they worked using the key. Now even when you manually push the inside door locks, there are no clicking sounds on them as well. We have checked fuses and they are all fine. Thanks, Sharon

mkeidel
05-08-2004, 07:13 PM
This morning the doors and locks worked fine - loaded up the back and now can't get to anything as NONE of the door locks work by hand and the rear doors do not open at all. Fuses appear ok.

Did you fix your problem yet? I don't see a followup post.

HELP!

sharon_72064
05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
This morning the doors and locks worked fine - loaded up the back and now can't get to anything as NONE of the door locks work by hand and the rear doors do not open at all. Fuses appear ok.

Did you fix your problem yet? I don't see a followup post.

HELP!

My husband originally thought the fuses were fine, but after checking again, he replaced the #13 (?) fuse under the steering wheel. This fixed the problem. Ours was the dutch doors. Hope this fixes your problem. Sharon

mkeidel
05-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Those stinking fuses are so small.. I looked at it before end-on and #13 looked fine- it blew such that it still looked intact end-on.

Thanks for the #13 hint - the locks work now - just wonder what blew a 20amp fuse!? Nothing was plugged into the cigarette lighter...

dhspring
05-11-2004, 08:41 AM
My back door switch broke on my 2001 van shortly after I got it, approx 25000 miles, it must be a poorly designed switch, it's the push button type, at first you'd have to hit it several times before it would open then finally it stopped all together, the dealer put a new one in under warranty, I don't know what the cost would be, probably $300 installed, nothing's cheap at a dealer.

Add your comment to this topic!