Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where is the factory alarm in a 03 4runner

wntmo
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
I just put in a remote starter and I'm trying to locate the factory alarm module. I want to eliminate the rear window roll down feature on the remote and use that output to activate the remote starter. Anybody know where this unit is located? My old 4runner use to have it right under the drives seat. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mo

ponchonutty
12-17-2003, 08:53 PM
I just put in a remote starter and I'm trying to locate the factory alarm module. I want to eliminate the rear window roll down feature on the remote and use that output to activate the remote starter. Anybody know where this unit is located? My old 4runner use to have it right under the drives seat. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mo
A lot of the older TOYO vehicles had a TOYO alarm installed at port of entry into the US. Even those built here didn't always have alarms so they were added at the dealer and were installed under the seats.

For the new ones, I think the alarm is part of the BCM so you're out of luck. I know when I add the DEI add-on starter, I use the lock output from the factory keyless and set the starter to 2 or 3 lock pulses to engage the starter.

wntmo
12-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Thanks, I was noticing that too now. Damn Toyota!

Which wire did you use for the lock input? Did you get it from the kick panel or did you get it from the BCM/fuse panel?

Thanks,

Mo

ponchonutty
12-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks, I was noticing that too now. Damn Toyota!

Which wire did you use for the lock input? Did you get it from the kick panel or did you get it from the BCM/fuse panel?

Thanks,

Mo
For Power Lock I used blue (-) in the driver kick, 18 pin plug. Meter the wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder to check if that't the wire you need.

Add your comment to this topic!