Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

keyless entry and auto start

kid1084
12-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I have a '97 4WD Jimmy, bought it used three years ago and don't know if it has the ability to use keyless entry. How do I know? If it does, can I just buy the remote from the dealer? Also, can I also get the auto start feature as well as the keyless entry on one keychain? Is it expensive? Looking for a christmas gift for myself :sunglasse

ponchonutty
12-14-2003, 03:30 PM
I have a '97 4WD Jimmy, bought it used three years ago and don't know if it has the ability to use keyless entry. How do I know? If it does, can I just buy the remote from the dealer? Also, can I also get the auto start feature as well as the keyless entry on one keychain? Is it expensive? Looking for a christmas gift for myself :sunglasse
Take down the black panel that covers the underneath of the dash (if you have one). If you see a black box connected to the other side of the panel and to the left, your vehicle has keyless. If you do not see that box or you do not have that panel, then you'll have to go aftermarket.

You can pick just about any brand of keyless entries and hook up pretty easy. I charge around $125 for a DEI unit.

Remote start again is pretty easy. I sell a DEI unit installed for around $189 for your vehicle.

Add your comment to this topic!