Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

transmission

sergiy2003
12-14-2003, 11:16 AM
hey every one out there

I was driving today on a ragular wet road with some snow on it and all of the sadn my car started to shake and the indicator lamp started to flash ( an arrow what lights up when the car is in possition 3 or L gear)
then the check engine light came on and all of the gears become a nautrual except parking i left a car sitting on parking lot for about 1/2 hour when i started it again it ingaged normaly i drove for about 1/4 mile and same problem again so i had to tow it to my house when i got home i wanted to park the car in a garage to take a look at it and it ingaged again and i drove in and now same problem every gear is nautral
Does any body know what problem could be????

Dalis
01-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Please specify year. From what it sounds like you got a trouble code in the TCM which flags the ECM and puts the lambda light. What you need to do is pull the codes out before going any further. Couple things it can be is either the GPS, shift solenoids or the transmission. But never the less gotta get the codes first.

Cheat88
01-23-2005, 01:38 PM
i have a 95 850t it did the exact same thing cept i had no 3rd and 4th so i couldnt go above 40, new tranny 600 bucks with 56k on it (have high milage on the motor 188k)

Julian Formosa
03-26-2005, 12:05 PM
hi there, I just read your posting re the gearbox problem, did you manage to fix it? Coz I've got the same problem and was wondering if you could help me, coz I'm not sure what it is. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks & Regards Julian..

Add your comment to this topic!