Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aftermarket CD receiver w/o cutting harness

Otismo
12-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Are there any CD receivers that accept the stock Tacoma wiring harness? I really don't want to cut off the stock harness and put on wire connectors if I don't have to. I looked on bestbuy.com to find CD receiver models that are compatible with my car, but I'm almost positive those are just the fact that they're single din, and not the fact that they accept the stock pigtail... so if anyone knows of any CD receivers that the stock Toyota pigtail can plug right into, I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

P.S. If I end up having to cut the pigtail, does anyone have a description of the wiring harness colors, because I'm used to my Honda, and now I have no idea what colors mean what on a Tacoma...

Thanks a lot!

suv
12-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Just get a wiring harness from any car audio store for your specific vehicle. All Toyotas from '87 up use the same connector for the radio. What you'll be buying (about 10-15 bucks) is a harness that plugs into the Toyota connector, and has wires coming out that you connect to the aftermarket stereo. The wires should be color coded to match the stereo wires.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-fxLnhvuIFYM/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=103000&I=120701761&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

Good Luck.

Otismo
12-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Yeah I was talking with a buddy and figured there HAD to be some sort of harness that would plug in to the stock one...... so I called the local Checker and blamo, $12 later I had my new receiver installed :) thanks for the help

Add your comment to this topic!