Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help!-low tire light stays on

icemoxy
12-12-2003, 07:54 PM
1999 Century - Can the low tire light be shut off or do I have to take it to a dealer? They told me there will be a minimum charge of $68.50. All of the tires are properly inflated. Thank you

RABarrett
12-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Though I am not sure how, these systems can be programmed by the customer. It may be necessary to check the owner's manual, but essentially what has likely happened is that the programming has been corrupted through usage. Carefully check the tires for a difference of 5 or more lbs. Then, after checking inflation, reprogram the system. If a code is read, it will likely display the tire in question. It is possible for the transducer on the wheel to fail to keep the processor notified of periodic readings. It is possible for the location of the vehicle to create a problem, since this info is relayed to the computer via radio transmitters. Ray

Flatrater
12-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Century do not have pressure transducers on the tires. The low tire light comes on when the computer reads the ABS speed sensors and sees a variation, that is when the low tire light comes on.

Did you try to reset the light? If the light sets for no reason I would suspect a faulty ABS module. Certain year W bodies had a bulletin on replacing the ABS module for false LOW TIRE lights.

mcichy
03-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Century do not have pressure transducers on the tires. The low tire light comes on when the computer reads the ABS speed sensors and sees a variation, that is when the low tire light comes on.

Did you try to reset the light? If the light sets for no reason I would suspect a faulty ABS module. Certain year W bodies had a bulletin on replacing the ABS module for false LOW TIRE lights.

After filling your tires, open the fuse panel, turn key to "on" position, but do not start car, and hold the "reset" button until light goes out.

BIG-L
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Do you know where the re-set button is ??? Most dont know where they are located.On my GTP is is located between the radio and steering column under the dash and it's a yellow button.

~Larry~

royals10
04-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Hello go to your fuse box on the passenger side and there is a red reset button have the car runing and press and hold for 5 seconds and the light will go off.
It occur to me many times and all I did is reset it. It is writen in the manual.

I'mBroken
05-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, I found the switch, multiple pressing will cycle it through low tire, low tire and change oil, both flashing and then oil turns off and tire stays flashing then back to solid low tire pressure. The dealership reset this at my last oil change and it stayed off until I had low pressure in the front right tire and then it came on as it should. The tires were still original so I replaced them all since 20 pounds in 2 weeks is too much to loose. The new tires are the same size, but that light doesn't want to go out. Any suggestions?

BNaylor
05-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, I found the switch, multiple pressing will cycle it through low tire, low tire and change oil, both flashing and then oil turns off and tire stays flashing then back to solid low tire pressure. The dealership reset this at my last oil change and it stayed off until I had low pressure in the front right tire and then it came on as it should. The tires were still original so I replaced them all since 20 pounds in 2 weeks is too much to loose. The new tires are the same size, but that light doesn't want to go out. Any suggestions?

I suggest reposting your problem separately and not boot strap off this old post. It will give you better visability so others can weigh in to help you.

Since the original post dates back to December 2003 thread closed.

Add your comment to this topic!