Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Possible wheel damage?

SmellBurntRubber
12-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Here in NE we got about 6-8" of snow depending on where you are, and the roads have been preeety bad the last couple of days. On the first day it snowed, while driving in my neighborhood, I hit a patch of snow with a very thick patch of ice underneath it, and had no expectations for it, so I fishtailed around the curb, and WHAM, rear-right tire hits the curb, and I'm stuck! After asking a neighbor to bail me out, the car seemed to drive fine. Well now, the roads are better now, pavement, and I noticed a buzzing noise from the rear axle, it sounds like I have off-road tires. I inspected it, no visible damage. Do you think it could just be the snow packed in the treads from the residential areas, or the sand/salt on the road that could be doing that? Or could I have rim/axle damage? I realllly hope not, that would be very bad. If you guys recommend, I think I might take it in to get checked out, I don't want me wheels falling off on me!

whtteg
12-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Well you don't have axles in the rear so that can be ruled out. You probably bent either the rim or some piece of the suspension. I would have it checked out at an alignment shop, a reputable one at that so they don't try to take advantage of you. Good luck :bigthumb:

Integra4200
12-12-2003, 04:19 PM
ouch sorry to hear about your accident...

Add your comment to this topic!