Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NEW releases

BVC500
12-11-2003, 09:08 AM
New releases for the year are generally issued soon, like in January. What do you think we'll see, especially from Tamiya?

gasman03
12-11-2003, 09:12 AM
I think Tamiya just released it Scion Xb kit (called the Bb in Japan?), off course it could've been out for a while buts its the first time I've seen it. tamiya has'nt been doing alot of new kits recently. and I doubt if we will se alot of new plastic from them in 04

In early 04, Revells has alot coming out
04 Chevrolet SSR
03 Ford Focus
99 Mitsu Eclipse
93 Honda Civic
03 Caddie Escallade

and I just noticed that Revell has an 2002-present Acura RSX Type S listed for a June-August 04 release, I'm gonna do a little investigation on this cause they announced it as a metal kit, but its listed as a plastic kit
"UPDATE", its a metal kit, but there's a good chance we could see it in plastic

MPWR
12-11-2003, 10:36 AM
I figure the obvious thing would be for Tamiya to do the Porsche Carrera GT sometime this year- But if they do, they won't necessarily announce it in January.

And speaking of the Carrera GT-
is is just me, or does it look like the Carrera GT and the MR2 were seperated at birth....? :eek7:

ales
12-11-2003, 11:01 AM
And speaking of the Carrera GT-
is is just me, or does it look like the Carrera GT and the MR2 were seperated at birth....? :eek7:

At the risk of going of topic, finally someone who sees it just the way I do! None of the siblings were given good looks, I'm afraid ...

MPWR
12-11-2003, 11:17 AM
At the risk of going of topic, finally someone who sees it just the way I do! None of the siblings were given good looks, I'm afraid ...

Glad to hear I'm not alone! And yeah, neither is a great looking car- but that didn't stop me from getting the Tamiya F50! :rolleyes:

DSM-Mark
12-11-2003, 11:53 AM

Also, without taking this too far off topic (no 1000 word response), I completely disagree! Cheers!

z_dutchie
12-11-2003, 01:41 PM
93 Honda Civic

does the honda civic also come in europe?

gasman03
12-11-2003, 01:47 PM

I have no clue, but I have heard that Revell USA stuff usually makes its way across the pond. but you'll have to wait a little longer, un less you buy it online from the a U.S. ditributor, Like www.modelcarkits.com

z_dutchie
12-11-2003, 01:49 PM
usual i think revell sucks but for a 93 civic I'll do everything

(its my moms car :biggrin: )

Snooker
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM

Just try ebay.de or www.nimpex.de after the release, the kits should be available there.

ales
12-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Just try ebay.de or www.nimpex.de after the release, the kits should be available there.

Good luck with that. To me it seems that Nimpex couldn't care less about you as a customer if you're not from Germany. I've sent them several emails regarding some ordering questions, and got zero replies. And I know for a fact they read my emails as I got read receipts. Also same goes for Oli, they did reply tohim once, but that was it. But he might tell you about his experience himself. if he wants to. I'm quite displeased with them. And I apologise for going offtopic again.

Sebstar
12-11-2003, 10:03 PM
tamiya will also probably come out with an evo8, 2003 WRC Impreza and maybe a murcielago, but i highly doubt that :(

Purpura Delujo
12-11-2003, 11:01 PM
03 Caddie Escallade

damn I'm goin to buy me a load of those

OPM
12-11-2003, 11:22 PM
new lancer wrc,new subaru impreza wrc / 2003 winning one,that is what i expect.

and MAYBE new Supra and NSX Jgtc kits,now they released the nissan ,maybe they have licenses again...:)

jgmodelcars
12-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Well to see revells releases go here:

http://www.revell-monogram.com/new/ModelResults.cfm

i can't wait for the new eclipse they're releasing hopefully better than amts shitty go at it and the super street magazine wrx, they seem to be getting magazine licensed cars? huh?

jgmodelcars
12-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Well to see revells releases go here:

http://www.revell-monogram.com/new/ModelResults.cfm

i can't wait for the new eclipse they're releasing hopefully better than amts shitty go at it and the super street magazine wrx, they seem to be getting magazine licensed cars? huh?

my only problem is the metal body, icky :mad: (imo) i don't really like building those.

labandabonnot
12-12-2003, 02:04 AM
Well, maybe, we'll have the usual last year's rallycar models: subaru impreza 03, ford focus 03; surely peugeot 307 wrc will appear next year...
Good!:smokin::naughty:
But for road cars, I feel there's nothing sure... There's a important list of supercars that has not been realeased yet! I'm quite afraid they will never be!:grinno::rolleyes:
I hope they will make the Calsonic version of the Nismo Gtr that won JGTC this year!:iceslolan
(and I could add to my personnal list so many cars: BMW Z4, Aston Martin DB9, Mercedes 500 SL, Audi TT, Alfa Romeo 147, Porsche 911 turbo, etc...):eek7::banghead::disappoin

Add your comment to this topic!