Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about the skyline and hope u can help

s2000FREAK
12-09-2003, 10:47 AM
i wanna know if there is a twinscrew s/c for the skyline and i wanna know if itd be a good idea to use it. also w/ wat we know about the skyline and twin screws, would it be a good idea to use NOS in it or would that destroy the engine? plz help

flylwsi
12-09-2003, 12:03 PM
why would you want to put a twin screw supercharger on a car that's got 2 turbos on it?

nitrous isn't an issue. those motors can stand tons of boost and nitrous.

s2000FREAK
12-09-2003, 12:19 PM
well cause im in to auto-x races and turbos dont spool fast enough so i thought id put a twin screw since the have instant full boos even at very low rpm's...so my pickup and all would be great w/ one. ya get me

flylwsi
12-10-2003, 09:43 AM
nope. i don't get you.
there are 2 turbos.
that eases your spool time, and you don't have lag issues.
keep em stock, get the freer flowing intake, exhaust, downpipe, and you'll get quicker spool time.
there are cheaper way to get that car to spool fast than to go and spend a ton of cash to put a custom supercharger on it...
the skyline, stock, and slightly modded, is more than capable of eating up the cones with minimal lag, if any. and when you're autocrossing, you're usually in lower gears, at high rpms, so you've got no problem keeping the boost up.

RazorGTR
12-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Ok first off you will not acheive any better performance from a supercharger than turbo charge on a standard turbo skyline.
second not all skylines are twin turbo only the GTR is twin turbo.

Now factory standard the single turbo skylines reach peak boost (max boost) on or before 3,000 rpms. The fact the cam profile etc are not designed to reach peak torque and hp until after 5,700 rpms for torque, 6,350 hp. So spending a shit load of money for a super charger which will gain you nothing seems a huge waste of time.

On my GTR which still runs factory turbos I've had the ecu remapped. I am running 24degs of advanced timing which is 8 more than factory, my turbos spool at 3,200 rpms yet the car does not make decent hp until nearly 4,000. Peak is 6,700 and peak torque is 5,800. I've just ran a grass gymkanna and did very well in it. I was quickest on all the courses beating out a couple of subbies and evo's and all the rwd cars.

NOS will definately help you but on a standard bottom end engine you are shortening the life of it dramaticlly.

s2000FREAK
12-10-2003, 11:07 AM
ok razor so lets say i have a gtr, if NOS will will damage the stock engine, wat do u suggest i do before adding NOS to it?

RazorGTR
12-10-2003, 12:28 PM
For durability I would put some forgies in there. It really doesn't matter which manufacturer either so don't be conned into putting HKS when JE's are fine. I would also replace the conrod bolts as they are weak and stretch quite easily. Other than that a mild port on the head will also promote better flow. It won't gain you stuff all power as you are limited to what you're factory turbos flow. I say factory turbos as I would presume since you want throttle repsonce they are the best choice.

Without NOS I am making 450hp. My engine is completely standar except a intercooler up grade, pod filters, downpipes, and full exhaust system. I honestly don't see why you would really want to put nos in a car to run autocross on. I have enough trouble keeping the car from losing the ass end around tight corners now. It comes out of the hole like a rocket and once I am above 30kmh or 18mph it is all on in first.

To give you an idea I an accelerate from 0-100kmh or 62mph in 4.2 secs and have run 1.66 60foot times on the drag strip. It is all in the tuning of the ecu.

peter i
12-12-2003, 03:25 AM
pick an option :smokin:

* T88-34D Turbo
* 950c.c. Squirts 咀
* 48mm piston x6
* HKS 272 11mm lift is raised □□
* □□compares 8.1: 1
* HKS F-Con V Pro
* Trust RB30 row □蕉
* AS Front pipe
* In AS dies □the throat to the tail