ECT Power

jethro358
12-08-2003, 10:14 PM
ok I just got a 2000 4runner and there is a button near the rear window button with ECT Power on it. Can someone explain to me what ECT Power stands for and what it does? Thanks.

TRDCivicCrusher
12-10-2003, 04:25 AM
ECT is kind of a "sports power" control. It gives you a longer gear ratio. It costs a lil more in gas, but it can make a difference. If you're not worried about gas, I'd suggest you'd leave it on - its way more fun!!! ;)

SSO42
12-13-2003, 03:03 PM
ECT stands for Electronically Controlled Transmission. When it's in the "Normal" mode your tranny shifts earlier for economy drive. When you set it to power the ECT lets the engine rev higher before it shifts to the next gear. I agree with TRD, it's way more fun. That's if you don't mind the increase in fuel consumption.

Spineffects
12-14-2003, 04:26 AM
I have Been using the ECT Power Button and found That it is not only smoother to drive but i am getting a few more kilometers off a tank

SSO42
12-14-2003, 03:14 PM
It's good that you ARE getting better milage using the ECT button set on the power mode. There are so many factors that have an effect on fuel milage and one of them is how you control your right foot. Another is the condition of the traffic on the road. If all other factors are equal, however, when you set your ECT button on the "Power" mode the engine will rev higher before each upshift and consequently increase fuel consumption. Anyway, what feels good is defenitely better. Regards 2 all

Add your comment to this topic!